St Lawrence Church, Swindon Village
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Features of Swindon Village include:
- A large park and playing field. This includes several football pitches, a cricket pitch and two pavilions.
- The Church of St. Lawrence, which is located in the centre of the village. The church dates from the 12th Century. Its unusual bell tower has six unequally sized walls.
- The Village Hall. This features a large hall with a performance stage, several side rooms and a licensed bar. The bar is typically open for village residents on Friday nights and used for private functions on other nights.
- Swindon Village Primary School.
- Seasons Business and Leisure Complex (previously the Zurich Financial Services sports and social club and originally the Eagle Star Sports and Social Club), and used for training by Cheltenham Town Football Club.
The Swindon parish had a population of 1,778 according to the 2011 census.
- "Swindon (Parish): Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Swindon Village guide (Cheltenham4u web site)
|This Gloucestershire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|