This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cultural origins||Early 1990s, United States and Europe|
Electro swing is a music genre that combines the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop, and EDM. Successful examples of the genre create a modern and dance-floor focused sound that is more readily accessible to the modern ear, but that also retains the energetic excitement of live brass and early swing recordings. Electro swing groups typically include singers, musicians playing traditional jazz instruments – trumpets, trombones, clarinets, saxophones, etc. – and at least one DJ.
- Caravan Palace
- Chinese Man
- Parov Stelar
- Yolanda Be Cool
- Caro Emerald
- Dimie Cat
- Boogie Belgique
- <|°_°|> (also known as Robot Face) by French band Caravan Palace placed #3 on the Billboard US Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
- "We No Speak Americano" was a major hit in Australia and Europe, and achieved considerable success in the United States on the Billboard Hot 100.
- "Deluxe Interview (Chinese Man Records)". Electro-Swing.com. 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2018.
- "CARAVAN PALACE: CHART HISTORY". Billboard.
- "Yolanda Be Cool We No Speak Americano Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved June 27, 2018.