Swinging Doors (song)
|Single by Merle Haggard|
|from the album Swinging Doors|
|B-side||"The Girl Turned Ripe"|
|Released||February 28, 1966|
|Merle Haggard singles chronology|
"Swinging Doors" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Merle Haggard. It was released in February 1966 as the first single and title track from the album Swinging Doors. The song peaked at number five on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles.
The narrator has been dumped by his woman and tells her that he has what he needs.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
- Mickey Gilley released this song in 1974 as a B-side to his number 1 hit I Overlooked an Orchid.
- Del Reeves released it in 1981 and peaked at number 67 in the country charts.
- Ray Price
- Faron Young
- Johnny Paycheck Released this song in July 1966
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard on their duet album Django & Jimmie.
- Terri Clark on her 2012 album Classic.
- Buck Owens
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 146.
- Randall, Alice; Carter Little; Courtney Little (2006). My Country Roots: The Ultimate MP3 Guide to America's Original Outsider Music. Thomas Nelson, Inc. p. 92. ISBN 1-59555-860-8.
- "Merle Haggard – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Merle Haggard.
|This 1960s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|