|Location||On Dolphin Drive east of intersection of University Oaks Drive and University Blvd North Jacksonville, Florida 32211|
|Jacksonville Dolphins men's basketball
Jacksonville Dolphins women's basketball
Swisher Gymnasium is a 1,500-seat multi-purpose arena in Jacksonville, Florida. Built in 1953, it is currently the home to the Jacksonville University Dolphins men and women's basketball teams. Prior to the 2015-16 season, the Jacksonville Dolphins played home games at both on-campus Swisher Gymnasium and the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena.
In addition to athletic contests, Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson addressed students in 1963 at the gymnasium. Swisher Gymnasium was also used for several concerts including Dionne Warwick (November 9, 1967), Billy Joel (March, 1975), and K.C. and the Sunshine Band (September 7, 1979). Swisher Gymnasium was also a contender as a site for one the 2016 Presidential Debates, but was not selected as a finalist.
- "2015-16 Men’s Basketball Quick Facts" (PDF). Jacksonville University Athletics. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Jeff Elliott (June 1, 2016). "Swisher Gymnasium among priorities for JU athletic director Alex Ricker-Gilbert". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- "Timeline". Jacksonville University. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Garry Smits (August 27, 2015). "JU moves all home basketball games to on-campus Swisher Gym". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Roger Weeder (September 16, 2015). "JU vying to host presidential debate". USA Today. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Rhema Thompson (September 23, 2015). "Jacksonville University misses on bid to host 2016 presidential debate". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
|This article about a sports venue in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|