Swissôtel The Stamford
|Swissôtel The Stamford|
Facade of Swissôtel The Stamford
|Hotel chain||Fairmont Raffles Hotels International|
|Address||2 Stamford Road|
|Management||Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts|
|Height||226 metres (741 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||1,261|
|Number of restaurants||16|
Swissôtel The Stamford (Chinese: 史丹福瑞士酒店), is a luxury hotel in Singapore managed by Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Designed by architect I.M. Pei, Swissôtel The Stamford, at a height of 226 metres (741 ft) is one of Southeast Asia's tallest hotels. Located in the heart of Singapore, this hotel is part of the Raffles City complex comprising two hotels, the Raffles City convention centre, Raffles City shopping centre, and an office tower. Situated at 2 Stamford Road, the hotel sits above City Hall subway station. It is also one of the tallest hotels in Asia. It ranks 10th place on the list out of any other hotels in Asia.
The 5-star hotel has 1,261 rooms and suites, 16 restaurants and bars, Raffles City Convention Centre, and one of Asia's largest Spas.
The hotel was designed by architect I.M. Pei as The Westin Stamford Singapore, along with its adjacent smaller sister hotel, The Westin Plaza. When completed by the South Korean firm SsangYong Group in 1986, The Westin Stamford was the world's tallest hotel building, rising to a height of 226 metres (741 ft). It is alleged that the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea was intended as a Cold War response to the construction of this hotel. On 1 January, 2002 the two Westins were sold to Swissôtel/Raffles Hotels and both hotels were renamed, The Westin Stamford becoming Swissôtel The Stamford and The Westin Plaza becoming Raffles The Plaza. When Raffles Hotels was acquired by Fairmont in 2006, the smaller hotel was again renamed, becoming Fairmont Singapore.
Swissôtel The Stamford has 15 food and beverage outlets including Equinox Complex.
- Equinox Complex
- JAAN, Level 70 – serving a distinctive menu of artisanal French cuisine by Chef de cuisine Kirk Westaway. JAAN was Ranked No. 11th on Asia's 50Best Restaurants list 2015 and Ranked No. 100 on the S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants List 2014
- Equinox Restaurant, Level 70. – Modern European Cuisine
- New Asia, Level 71 – Highest club in Singapore with cocktails and snacks.
- City Space, Level 70 – Plush lounge with innovative cocktails created by Richard Gillam, cocktail architect
- Introbar, Level 1 – Cosmospolitan lounge with cocktails and drinks
- Equinox Private Dining – 5 private dining rooms for exclusive events
- Swissôtel The Stamford
- Kopi Tiam, Level 2 – Asian fare.
- Café Swiss, Level 2 – Swiss and European specialities.
- Lobby Court, Level 1 – Chic lounge with drinks, cocktails and snacks.
Raffles City Convention Centre
The 70,000 square feet (6,500 m2) Raffles City Convention Centre, located on Level four, comprises 27 meeting rooms, three ballrooms, an executive conference centre and business centre.
Swissôtel The Stamford has an array of recreational facilities:
- One of Asia's largest spas featuring 35 treatment rooms 
- Two outdoor swimming pools.
- Six tennis courts.
- A fitness club.
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2014 – Chef of the Year: Julien Royer of JAAN
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2014 – Restaurant of the Year: JAAN
- Time Out Singapore 2010 Best of Awards: New Asia.
- Customer Satisfaction Index of Singapore(CSISG) – Tourism, Hotels & Accommodation Services (ranked 2nd): Swissôtel The Stamford.
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2009–2011: A total of 23 awards.
- TTG Travel Awards 2009 – Asia Pacific's Best Business Hotel: Swissôtel The Stamford.
- 4th amongst Asia's Top Restaurants and 2nd in Singapore's Top 5 Restaurants Miele Guide 2009/2010: Jaan par André.
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2009 – Rising Chef of the Year: André Chiang of Jaan par André.
- Singapore Tatler Best Restaurant Guide 2009 – Hall of Fame: Jaan par André.
- O'Reilly, Avril (9 December 2008). "Hotel Watch: Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore". Telegraph. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Deals & kortingen voor hotelreserveringen van luxe hotels tot budgetovernachtingen" (in Dutch). Hotels.com. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore : 2 Stamford Road, Singapore". Glass Steel and Stone. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- Ngor, Oh Kwee (9 June 1990). "Western decadence hits N. Korea". The Japan Economic Journal: 12.
- Chopard, Alisa (8 September 2009). "Singapore bars with the best views". CNNGo.com. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Awards 2010: best clubs and bars :: Features :: Nightclubs & Bars". Time Out Singapore. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Swissotel The Stamford Emerges Victorious at Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2009–11". Prlog.org. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Swissôtel The Stamford Wins Asia Pacific's Best Business Hotel Award at TTG Travel Awards 2009". Prlog.org. 13 October 2009. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Miele Guide 2009/2010 Reveals Jaan par André Is No. 4 in Asia's Top Restaurants Category". Mylifestylemap.com. 12 October 2009. Retrieved 2 April 2010.[dead link]
- "GRAVITATE AROUND CHEF ANDRE CHIANG'S EPICUREAN UNIVERSE AT CHEFS WITH ALTITUDE 2009 (14 TO 19 SEP 2009)". 170Radio.com. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swissôtel The Stamford.|
- Swissôtel Hotels and Resorts official website
- Swissôtel The Stamford official website
- Equinox Complex official website
- Swissôtel The Stamford's Banquets Packages 2014/2015