This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Predecessor||Swiss Reform Youth|
|Formation||August 1993, 08|
|Founders||Renato Pichler, Andreas Läuffer|
|Purpose||Promotion of veganism and vegetarianism|
President and Managing Director
Deputy Managing Director
|Swiss Association for Vegetarianism|
Swissveg, previously known as the Swiss Association for Vegetarianism (German: Schweizerische Vereinigung für Vegetarismus, SVV) is a Swiss association in the legal context of article 60ff of the Swiss civil code (SCC), where members are exclusively vegetarians.
Swissveg is the biggest community in Switzerland for vegetarians and vegans.
The association was founded on 8 August 1993 in Sennwald under the name of Schweizerische Vereinigung für Vegetarismus (SVV). On 3 March 2014 the name of the association was changed to Swissveg.
Swissveg has, together with the EVU, developed the European Vegetarianism-Label V-Label. They control which products and services can use this label within Switzerland. Products with the V-label are available at all major groceries in Switzerland: For example in Migros  and Coop (Switzerland). About 350 Swiss companies use the V-Label.
Swissveg annually organises several events, including vegetarian and vegan festivals. Veganmanias have been held since 2011. The 2016 edition in Aarau attracted 5,000 visitors, making it the largest of all vegan festivals in Switzerland. Previous editions were held in Winterthur, but due to a lack of space to accommodate the attendees, the organisation chose to move the festival to Aarau. In Gossau, St. Gallen, Veganmania was held first in 2017, then featuring 60 stands.
|September 5||Veganmania (Winterthur)|
|June 25||Veganmania (Aarau)|
|November 1||World Vegan Day|
|October 1||World Vegetarian Day|
- "Milestones in the history of Swissveg". Swissveg. 23 July 2020. Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- "People". European Vegetarian Union. Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- "Migros V-Label Page". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Coop V-Label Page". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "European V-Label: List of licensees". 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Best of bewegt - Beitrag: Veganmania". YouTube (in German). BOSG: Best of Swiss Gastro. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2020.
- Nadja Rohner (21 June 2016). "Foodfestival: Damit punktet die Veganmania – auch bei Fleischessern". Aargauer Zeitung (in German). Retrieved 16 May 2020.
- air (22 May 2017). "Alles weg – Veganer hatten tierischen Hunger". 20 Minuten (in German). Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "Veganmania: vegan summer festival". swissveg.ch. 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Veganmania: vegan summer festival". swissveg.ch. 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Foodfestival: Damit punktet die Veganmania – auch bei Fleischessern". Aargauer Zeitung. 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.