This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Renato Pichler, Bernadette Raschle|
Swissveg (previously Swiss Association for Vegetarism (SVV) is a Swiss association in the legal context of article 60ff of the Swiss civil code (SCC), where members are exclusively vegetarians. The association has its registered office in Winterthur, together with the secretary of the European Vegetarian Union (EVU). The president is Renato Pichler, who is also on the board of EVU. The CEO of Swissveg is Bernadette Raschle. Swissveg is the biggest community in Switzerland for vegetarians. According to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Switzerland has the second highest rate of vegetarianism in the European Union (even though Switzerland is not in the EU, it was most likely included with the other EU countries for this study). Older governmental data from 1997 suggest that 2.3% of the population never eat meat and the observed trend seemed to point towards less meat consumption. Newer studies suggest that the percentage of vegetarians has risen to 5% by 2007.
The association was founded on 8 August 1993 in Sennwald under the name of Schweizerische Vereinigung für Vegetarismus (SVV). The association is an active member of the EVU and the International Vegetarian Union. It is also associated with the organisation Vegetarierbund Deutschland. On 3 March 2014 the name of the association was changed to Swissveg.
Swissveg has, together with the EVU, developed the European Vegetarianism-Label V-Label. They control which products and services can use this label within Switzerland. Products with the V-Label are available at the two major groceries in Switzerland: Migros  and Coop (Switzerland). About 100 Swiss companies use the V-label.
|September 5||Veganmania (Winterthur)|
|June 25||Veganmania (Aarau)|
|November 1||World Vegan Day|
|October 1||World Vegetarian Day|
- "Wie viele Vegetarier gibt es in der Schweiz?". vegetarismus.ch. 2001. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "Migros V-Label Page". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Coop V-Label Page". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "European V-Label: List of licensees". 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Veganmania: vegan summer festival". swissveg.ch. 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Veganmania: vegan summer festival". swissveg.ch. 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Foodfestival: Damit punktet die Veganmania – auch bei Fleischessern". Aargauer Zeitung. 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.