Switzerland at the 1976 Summer Olympics
|Switzerland at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal|
|Competitors||50 (47 men, 3 women) in 12 sports|
|Flag bearer||Christian Kauter|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Switzerland finished in 20th position in the final medal rankings, with one gold medal and four medals overall.
- Christine Stückelberger — Equestrian, Dressage Individual Competition
- Jürg Röthlisberger — Judo, Men's Half-Heavyweight (93 kg)
- Jean-Blaise Evéquoz, Christian Kauter, Michel Poffet, Daniel Giger and François Suchanecki — Fencing, Men's Épée Team Competition
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)|
Men's 800 metres
- Heat — 1:48.69 (→ did not advance)
Men's 5.000 metres
- Heat — 13:46.07 (→ did not advance)
Men's Long Jump
- Qualification — 7.79m
- Final — 7.74m (→ 9th place)
Six cyclists represented Switzerland in 1976.
- Richard Trinkler — 5:05:00 (→ 57th place)
- Hansjörg Aemisegger — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Robert Thalmann — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Serge Demierre — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Walter Bäni — 1:08.112 (→ 8th place)
- Robert Dill-Bundi — 14th place
Six fencers, all men, represented Switzerland in 1976.
One male pentathlete represented Switzerland in 1976.
- "Switzerland at the 1976 Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
|This 1976 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|