Switzerland at the Olympics
|Switzerland at the Olympic Games|
Switzerland has sent athletes to compete in every Games since it first participated at the Olympic Games at the inaugural 1896 Games. Switzerland boycotted the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, but the equestrian events for those Games were held in Stockholm, Sweden earlier that year, where the Swiss dressage team won a bronze medal.
The National Olympic Committee for Switzerland was created and recognized in 1912.
Switzerland has hosted the Games on two occasions.
|1928 Winter Olympics||St. Moritz||11 – 19 February||25||464||14|
|1948 Winter Olympics||St. Moritz||30 January – 8 February||28||669||22|
Medal tables by Games
- *Red border color indicates tournament was held on home soil.
Medals by Summer Games
Medals by Winter Games
Medals by summer sport
Medals by winter sport
- List of flag bearers for Switzerland at the Olympics
- Category:Olympic competitors for Switzerland
- Switzerland at the Paralympics
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2007-10-09.
- "Swiss Olympic Association". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2007-10-09.