Switzerland national cricket team
|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Affiliate (1985–2012)|
|First international|| Switzerland v. Greece |
(Castel, Guernsey; 21 May 1990)
|As of 13 September 2015|
Cricket has been played in Switzerland since at least 1817. The association (renamed to Cricket Switzerland in 2014), became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council in 1985. They hosted the first tournament for European affiliate members in Zuoz in 1997, the European Nations Cup, where they came fifth in the seven team tournament. They then played in the successor tournament, the European Cricket Council Trophy in 1999, 2001 and 2003, their best result coming in 1999 when they reached the semi-finals. They then played in the European Representative Championship in Slovenia in 2004, where they came third in the six team tournament.
Switzerland was ranked to participate in ICC European Division II, Belgium 2011. Unfortunately internal differences prevented Switzerland from participating in the tournament and hence was demoted to Division III. These internal differences resulted from two rival governing bodies attempting to govern cricket in Switzerland which led to Switzerland breaching membership regulations of the International Cricket Council. This led to Switzerland's affiliate membership being removed.
There are currently 21 clubs playing in Switzerland.
The following lists the Swiss squad from which players were selected to represent Switzerland since the International Twenty20 series against Austria on 22 & 23 June 2013 and against University of Sussex Cricket Club from 3-5 July 2013.
- Afzaal Sikander
- Asvin Lakkaraju
- Matthew Martin  (Captain)
- Thomas Mampilly  (Wicket-keeper)
- Ovais Yousuf 
- Nasir Mahmood 
- Ali Saleem 
- Ali Neyyer 
- Sudath Jayarathne 
- Kuldeep Rawat
- Sajid Safiat Ullah 
- Shahnawaz Mohammad 
- Amandeep Singh 
- Simon Henderson 
- Asad Mahmood 
- Sam Baxter 
- Vaibhav Singh 
- Tharanitharan Thanabalasinam
- Senthamarai Kannan 
- Tri-Nation ODI tournament in Warsaw, Poland (3-5 July 2015)
- Central European Development League(4 nation Twenty20 tournament in Prague/CZ)
- Kampong CC Utrecht (July)
- A Swiss invitational XI also took part in the June 2014 Zuoz Tournament
- VRA Amsterdam 
- "About - Cricket Switzerland". Cricketswitzerland.ch. Retrieved 2015-09-13.
- "Cricket Switzerland - Cricket Switzerland". Cricketswitzerland.ch. Retrieved 2015-09-13.
- "The Home of CricketArchive". Cricketarchive.co.uk. 2015-08-06. Retrieved 2015-09-13.
- "ICC Annual Conference in Kuala Lumpur". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Clubs & Affiliates - Cricket Switzerland". Cricketswitzerland.ch. Retrieved 2015-09-13.
|This article about a cricket team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|