Switzerland national under-21 football team
|Association||Swiss Football Association|
|Head coach||Pierluigi Tami|
|UEFA U-21 Championship|
|Appearances||3 (First in 2002)|
|Best result||Runner-up: 2011|
The Switzerland national under-21 football team is the national under-21 football team of Switzerland and is controlled by the Swiss Football Association. The team competes in the UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship, held every two years.
UEFA U-23 Championship Record
Since the under-21 competition rules insist that players must be 21 or under at the start of a two-year competition, technically it is an U-23 competition. For this reason, Switzerland's record in the preceding U-23 competitions is also shown.
- 1972: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 2 in qualification group
- 1974: Did not enter
- 1976: Did not enter
UEFA U-21 Championship Record
- 1976–1978: Did not qualify. Finished 3rd of 3 in qualification group.
- 1978–1980: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 3 in qualification group.
- 1980–1982: Did not qualify. Finished 4th of 4 in qualification group.
- 1982–1984: Did not qualify. Finished 4th of 4 in qualification group.
- 1984–1986: Did not qualify. Finished 4th of 4 in qualification group.
- 1986–1988: Did not qualify. Finished 3rd of 4 in qualification group.
- 1988–1990: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 3 in qualification group.
- 1990–1992: Did not qualify. Finished 4th of 4 in qualification group.
- 1992–1994: Did not qualify. Finished 3rd of 5 in qualification group.
- 1994–1996: Did not qualify. Finished 4th of 5 in qualification group.
- 1996–1998: Did not qualify. Finished 4th of 5 in qualification group.
- 1998–2000: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 5 in qualification group.
- 2000–2002: Losing semi-finalists
- 2002–2004: Finished 4th of 4 in finals group.
- 2004–2006: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 5 in qualification group.
- 2006–2007: Did not qualify. Finished 2nd of 3 in qualification group.
- 2007–2009: Play-off stage to Spain
- 2009–2011: Runner-up
- 199?–2001: Köbi Kuhn
- 2001–2007: Bernard Challandes 
- 2007–2009: Pierre-André Schürmann 
- 2009–2015: Pierluigi Tami 
- 2009– Heinz Moser :
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
|#||Pos.||Player||Date of birth (age)||Caps||Goals||Club|
|12||GK||David von Ballmoos||30 December 1994||0||0||Winterthur|
|1||GK||Yvon Mvogo||6 June 1994||2||0||Young Boys|
|2||DF||Florent Hadergjonaj||31 July 1994||8||0||Young Boys|
|3||DF||Joel Untersee||11 February 1994||3||0||Vaduz|
|4||DF||Roy Gelmi||1 March 1995||1||0||St. Gallen|
|5||DF||Martin Angha||22 January 1994||8||0||St. Gallen|
|20||DF||Ulisses Garcia||11 January 1996||3||0||Werder Bremen|
|6||MF||Musa Araz||17 January 1994||3||1||Winterthur|
|7||MF||Francisco Rodríguez||14 September 1995||8||1||VfL Wolfsburg|
|8||MF||Anto Grgic||28 November 1996||0||0||Zürich|
|18||MF||Basil Stillhart||24 March 1994||1||0||Wil|
|17||MF||Salim Khelifi||26 January 1994||4||0||Eintracht Braunschweig|
|16||MF||Leonardo Bertone||14 March 1994||7||1||Young Boys|
|9||FW||Florian Kamberi||8 March 1995||1||0||Grasshopper|
|7||FW||Edimilson Fernandes||15 April 1996||0||0||Sion|
|10||FW||Michael Frey||19 July 1994||5||1||Luzern|
|19||FW||Haris Tabakovic||20 June 1994||4||1||Wil|
The following players have been called up for the team in the last twelve months and remain eligible.
|Pos.||Player||Date of birth (age)||Caps||Goals||Club||Latest call-up|
|GK||Yanick Brecher||25 May 1993||3||0||Zürich||v. Latvia, 5 September 2013|
|GK||Benjamin Siegrist||31 January 1992||1||0||Vaduz||v. Sweden, 6 June 2013|
|DF||Berat Djimsiti||19 February 1993||3||0||Atalanta||v. Croatia, 14 November 2013|
|DF||Loris Benito||7 January 1992||6||0||Young Boys||v. Croatia, 14 October 2013|
|DF||Olivier Jäckle||7 January 1993||1||0||Aarau||v. Sweden, 6 June 2013|
|DF||Marko Bürki||10 July 1993||2||0||Young Boys||v. Germany, 26 March 2013|
|DF||Janick Kamber||26 February 1992||0||0||Unattached||v. Slovakia, 6 February 2013|
|MF||Alessandro Martinelli||30 May 1993||1||0||Sampdoria||v. Croatia, 14 October 2013|
|MF||Pajtim Kasami||2 June 1992||28||5||Olympiacos||v. Liechtenstein, 9 September 2013|
|MF||Cristian Miani||28 July 1993||1||0||Biel-Bienne||v. Latvia, 5 September 2013|
|MF||Mike Kleiber||4 February 1993||1||0||Zürich||v. Sweden, 6 June 2013|
|MF||Simone Rapp||1 October 1992||1||0||Wohlen||v. Slovakia, 6 February 2013|
|FW||Josip Drmić||8 August 1992||11||6||Borussia Mönchengladbach||v. Portugal, 14 August 2013|
|14 November 2014 Friendly||Germany||1 – 1||Switzerland||Karl-Liebknecht-Stadion, Potsdam|
|18:00||Gerhardt 5'||[ Report]||17' Frey||Attendance: 2616
Referee: Massimiliano Irrati
|18 November 2014 Friendly||Switzerland||1 – 1||Scotland||Stockhorn Arena, Thun|
|18:30||Musa Araz 44'||Report||90+3' King||Attendance: 837
Referee: Tomasz Musiał (Poland)
Swiss national teams
- Switzerland national football team
- Switzerland national under-23 football team (also known as Swiss Olympic)
- Switzerland national under-20 football team
- Switzerland national under-19 football team
- Switzerland national under-18 football team
- Switzerland national under-17 football team
- Switzerland national under-16 football team