|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A swivel lens is a lens that freely rotates while attached to a camera body. They are used on some compact digital and video cameras (camcorders). These lenses make it easy for a photographer to aim a camera without moving around too much. Swivel lenses come in different sizes and shapes. A swivel lens is also known as a swiveling lens, swivelling lens, and rotating lens.
In contrast, swivel LCDs (also known as articulating screen) are displays that freely rotate while attached to a camera body. Usually, the camera body is much larger than the swivelling display. Swivel LCD devices can be considered as swivel lens devices because the camera body can swivel around the small display; albeit, aiming the camera is more difficult. Most camcorders have a swivel LCD.
- Enables the user to take pictures from unique perspectives and camera angles
- Easy composition of images without the need to bend, crouch, or move around
- Shooting self-portraits
- Shooting candid photos
List of cameras that have swivel lens
- Nikon Coolpix 2500, 3500, 4500
- Nikon Coolpix S4, S10
- Nikon Coolpix 900, 950, 990, 995 
- Sony DSC-U50 
- Sony DSC-F77, DSC-F77A, DSC-F88 
- Sony DSC-F505, DSC-F505V, DSC-F717, F828
- Sony Webbie HD MHS-PM1
- Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 and MHS-PM5K
- Bushnell Nighthawk 260900 (night vision)
- Panasonic D-Snap SV-AS10, SV-AS30
- Casio QV-10, QV-11, QV-2900UX, EX-TR100
- Contax SL300RT*, U4R 
- Pentax Optio X
- Agfa ephoto 1280
- Kyocera SL300R, SL400R
List of other devices with swivel lens
- Sony Clie PDA (various PEG-XXXX models)
- Sony PlayStation Portable camera
- Game Boy Camera which swivels horizontally for self-portraits
- Veo SD camera for Toshiba e805 pocket pc
- Notion Ink Adam
Cellphones with pseudo swivel lens
Some cellphones have lens that rotate and allow users to take self-portraits but are limited in the angles where the camera can take pictures.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swivel lens.|
-  Archived March 8, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Nikon Coolpix 3500: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Nikon Coolpix S4: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Nikon Coolpix 995 Review: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. 2001-04-25. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Sony DSC-U50: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Swivelers: Swivel-lens digital cameras list and compare -- joy of twisting". Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F88 Review: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- "Contax U4R: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
|This photography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|