|Single by The Chemical Brothers|
|from the album Further|
|Released||9 May 2010|
|Producer(s)||The Chemical Brothers|
|The Chemical Brothers singles chronology|
"Swoon" is a song by The Chemical Brothers, released as the first official single from their 2010 album Further. The song was played on a few occasions by The Chemical Brothers prior to its release in their DJ sets. On 6 May 2010 an official video of the radio edit was put up on Parlophone YouTube page to promote the single. The radio edit of Swoon was released as a digital download on iTunes on 9 May 2010. The song entered at #100 in the UK Singles Chart, the lowest chart position the band has had to date, until it re-entered the charts shortly after at #88 and again at #85. Before the song appeared on Further, it appeared on a free CD which came in The Times newspaper; on 16 May 2010. The untitled CD is often called simply The Chemical Brothers. Only the radio edit, however, was featured.
- "Swoon (Radio Edit)" – 3:06
The video is a combination of elements taken from the visuals for "Swoon" and "Dissolve" in the album's accompanying film.
"Swoon" debuted on the UK Dance Chart on 16 May 2010 at number 13, before falling to number 27 the following week. On 30 May 2010, the single fell to number 30, before climbing to number 22 on its fourth week in the chart. Upon release of the album, "Swoon" climbed to its current peak of number 12 as well as re-entering at number 88 on the UK Singles Chart.
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||12|
- Amazon page for the "Swoon" single, comments, retrieved on Sunday 2 May 2010.
- Footage of a performance of "Swoon", comments, retrieved on Sunday 2 May 2010.
- Music video for "Swoon"
- "The Chemical Brothers - Swoon". residentadvisor.net. Resident Advisor Ltd. 2010-09-30. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Hermes, Will (2010-05-25). "The Chemical Brothers "Swoon"". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "The Chemical Brothers - Swoon (2010)", Clipland, 7 May 2010, retrieved 2010-05-07
- "Archive Chart: 2010-06-26" UK Dance Chart.