List of Sword Art Online: Alicization episodes
|List of Sword Art Online: Alicization episodes|
Promotional poster of the Sword Art Online: Alicization anime series
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Original network||Tokyo MX|
|Original release||October 6, 2018 –|
March 30, 2019
The third season of Sword Art Online, titled Sword Art Online: Alicization, is an anime series adapted from the light novel series of the same title written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by abec. It is produced by A-1 Pictures and directed by Manabu Ono. It covers the first part of the "Alicization" arc and adapts from the novel's ninth volume, Alicization Beginning, to the fourteenth volume, Alicization Uniting. While not covered in the light novels, Alicization takes place after Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale, as it incorporates elements from the film not in the novels.[a]
The series premiered on October 6, 2018 and aired until March 30, 2019. with a one-hour world premiere airing in Japan, the United States, Mexico, Australia, France, Germany, Russia and South Korea on September 15, 2018. The second part of the series, titled War of Underworld, will premiere in October 2019. Aniplex of America announced that the English dubbed version would begin airing on Adult Swim's Toonami block starting February 9, 2019.
The first opening theme is "Adamas" by LiSA and the first ending theme is "Iris" (アイリス) by Eir Aoi. The second opening theme is "Resister" by Asca and the second ending theme is "Forget-me-not" by ReoNa, with episode 19 featuring "Niji no Kanata ni" (虹の彼方に Beyond the Rainbow), also sung by ReoNa. The music is composed by Yuki Kajiura.
Sword Art Online: Alicization (2018–19)
Story arc 6: Alicization
Part 1: Alicization Beginning
|No.||Series No.||English title[b]
Original Japanese title
|Director(s)||Writer(s)||Original air date||English air date||Refs.|
Transcription: "Andāwārudo" (Japanese: アンダーワールド)
|Yukito Kizawa||October 6, 2018[c]||February 9, 2019|||
|Inside an unknown VR environment, Kirito spends his days as a child with his friends Eugeo and Alice. One day the three explore a cave in the outskirts of the Human Territory and get lost, ending up at the boundary of the Dark Territory. Alice trips and falls with her hand accidentally touching the Dark Territory. For this violation, she is sentenced to execution by the Integrity Knights. Kirito attempts to stop Alice from being taken away, while Eugeo stands motionless despite Kirito's pleas. Soon after, Kirito awakens in the real world with no memory of what happened. Later in Gun Gale Online, Sinon, Kirito, Asuna, Silica, Lisbeth, and Klein confront a mysterious squad that flees after one of them is taken down. After the battle, Sinon thanks the others for joining her against them, and back in the real world at Agil's café, she invites Kirito and Asuna to join her in the upcoming edition of the BoB tournament. They agree, and Kirito reveals that he is working part-time for the Rath Company as a tester for a new Full-Dive technology known as "Soul Translator", or STL. On their way home, Kirito and Asuna are attacked by Johnny Black, the final survivor of Death Gun, who succeeds in injecting Kirito with a poison syringe.|
|2||51||"The Demon Tree"|
Transcription: "Akuma no Ki" (Japanese: 悪魔の樹)
|Takashi Sakuma||Yukito Kizawa||October 13, 2018||February 16, 2019|||
|Kirito awakens back in Underworld, but he does not remember how he got there. He then meets Eugeo, but they have no memories of each other. After helping Eugeo with his daily task of chopping the Demon Tree, Kirito is taken to Eugeo's village, where he discovers that he can actually use his sword skills from back in SAO. After getting shelter at the local church, Kirito decides that he must learn more about his circumstances before looking for a way to return to the real world.|
|3||52||"The End Mountains"|
Transcription: "Hate no Sanmyaku" (Japanese: 果ての山脈)
|Shunsuke Ishikawa||Ko Nekota||October 20, 2018||February 23, 2019|||
|While chopping the Demon Tree, Eugeo explains to Kirito the reason why Alice was taken prisoner by the Integrity Knights. He also reveals the sword he retrieved from the End Mountains, and they attempt to cut the tree with it, but they discover that their skill levels are not high enough to use it yet. Later at night, Kirito has a conversation with Selka, Alice's younger sister, and reveals to her what he heard from Eugeo about Alice. The next day, Selka disappears and both Kirito and Eugeo realize that she must have gone to the End Mountains as well. In the mountains, they discover that Selka was captured by goblins. As the goblins prepare to attack Kirito and Eugeo, Eugeo becomes paralyzed by fear.|
Transcription: "Tabidachi" (Japanese: 旅立ち)
|Michiru Itabisashi||Ko Nekota||October 27, 2018||March 2, 2019|||
|Kirito helps Eugeo regain his composure and they fight the goblins together. While facing the goblin leader, Eugeo is gravely wounded and both he and Kirito remember their past together. An enraged Kirito kills the goblin leader and convinces the others to retreat. After the battle, Kirito frees Selka and she uses her magic to transfer a part of Kirito's own energy to Eugeo in order to save his life. During the transfer, Kirito has a vision of a woman, telling him that she is waiting for him and Eugeo atop the Central Cathedral. After Eugeo recovers, Kirito, having gained enough skill points from the battle to use the sword, deals a heavy blow on the Demon Tree, and Eugeo asks him to teach him swordsmanship. After completing his training, Eugeo uses the sword to finally cut down the Demon Tree, and the village holds a celebration for his feat. During the occasion, Eugeo is allowed to choose his next occupation, and he decides to become a swordsman. Kirito and Eugeo then depart for Central City, hoping to find Alice and bring her back home.|
Transcription: "Ōshan Tātoru" (Japanese: オーシャン・タートル)
|Kōji Kobayashi||Yukito Kizawa||November 3, 2018||March 9, 2019|||
|After being poisoned by Johnny Black, Kirito is taken to a hospital. After treating him, the doctors inform Asuna and Kirito's family that he is stable, but unconscious, and it's unknown when, or if, he will ever wake up. Kikuoka then approaches them, offering to transfer Kirito to a better facility, but when Asuna and Suguha pay a visit to him there, they are prevented from seeing him. With help from Yui and the rest of her friends, Asuna tracks down Kirito all the way to the port, and discovers that he must have been taken somewhere abroad. After learning that the Soul Translator was a technology developed by Akihiko Kayaba, Asuna contacts Rinko Koujiro, Kayaba's former lover and co-researcher. Some time later, accompanied by her secretary, Mayumi Reynolds, Rinko is taken to the "Ocean Turtle", an offshore research facility where she is welcomed by Kikuoka. After passing numerous security checks, Mayumi, revealing herself as Asuna in disguise, asks Kikuoka where Kirito is.|
Transcription: "Arishiazēshon Keikaku" (Japanese: アリシアゼーション計画)
|Hiroki Hirano||Yukito Kizawa||November 10, 2018||March 23, 2019[d]|||
|Kikuoka explains to Asuna and Rinko that Kirito's brain was severely damaged from the attack and they are using the STL technology to restore it. He also reveals that the main focus of the Underworld experiment is to create a new, more advanced form of artificial intelligence. Despite the experiment having proven successful, they noted that by establishing the Church of Axiom inside Underworld, the AIs have managed to completely eliminate all kind of transgressions, including murder, from their community, and that they needed someone with years of experience in VRMMORPGs like Kirito to interact with them in order to develop them further. Asuna then deduces that Kikuoka's objective is to create AIs capable of murder for military purposes, and he confesses that all of his actions since the development of the NerveGear was for the sake of this research, labeled "Project Alicization". After checking up on Kirito and informing her friends, Asuna is approached by Rinko, who formally apologizes for helping Kayaba during the SAO incident, Asuna replies that while Kayaba can't be forgiven, she is thankful for the days she spent with Kirito inside Aincrad.|
Transcription: "Ken no Manabiya" (Japanese: 剣の学び舎)
|Shunsuke Ishikawa||Ko Nekota||November 17, 2018||March 30, 2019|||
|Two years have passed since Kirito and Eugeo left Rulid Village. They are now the primary trainees of the North Centoria Imperial Sword Mastery Academy. The duo reflects on how they won in a swordsmanship tournament at the northern town of Zakkaria, then afterwards gained the requirement to enroll themselves into the academy. Their aim is to graduate from the academy as top students and stand a chance to become Integrity Knights, which means gaining access to Central Cathedral. Kirito has a special training spar one day with his mentor, Elite Swordswoman Sortiliena Serlut, who is the second seat among the seniors. Although Kirito doesn't manage to defeat her this time, Sortiliena laments that her sword skills are still unrefined enough. She also suspects Kirito not showing everything from his Aincrad style and requests him to do so before her graduation soon, which Kirito agrees. After meal, Kirito and Eugeo visit the garden to have a look at the zephyr flowers which Kirito was attempting to grow. Eugeo anxiously asks Kirito whether he will return to his homeland if he regains his memories, in which Kirito assuring him that they will stick together to the end. The next day, Kirito goes to receive a black sword made out of a branch of Gigas Cedar from a craftsman named Sadore, with Eugeo accompanying him. While trying his new sword in a park, Kirito accidentally slips and stains the uniform of Elite Swordsman First Seat Uolo Levinteinn. Uolo willingly let go of the fact that Kirito is training on a rest day but he points out the stain as an excuse to invite Kirito to a spar as a "punishment" to Kirito. The two prepare while Eugeo, Sortiliena and other audiences become witnesses to an impending duel.|
Transcription: "Kenshi no Kyōji" (Japanese: 剣士の矜持)
|Shigeki Kawai||Yukito Kizawa||November 24, 2018||March 30, 2019|||
|Before the duel, Sortiliena warns Kirito that the secret of the Levinteinn family's power is by imbuing their sword with the blood of their enemies, in order to get stronger, thus Uolo's request for a match with real swords. During the duel, Kirito manages to increase the power of his sword and scratches Uolo's shirt, before the match is interrupted by one of the instructors and declared a draw. Later at night, Kirito discovers that the zephyr flowers he was growing were destroyed by two classmates with a grudge on him, and as he laments, he is instructed by a voice to use healing arts to transfer a part of the life energy of the other flowers in the garden to the zephyr flowers, restoring them. In the next day, having learned from Kirito's match, Sortiliena defeats Uolo in combat and graduates as First Seat, with Kirito presenting her with the zephyr flowers as a parting gift. Some time later, Kirito and Eugeo themselves are promoted to Elite Swordsmen, focused on their main goal of reaching the top of Centralia's Tower to find Alice.|
Transcription: "Kizoku no Sekimu" (Japanese: 貴族の責務)
|Michiru Itabisashi||Munemasa Nakamoto|
|December 1, 2018||April 6, 2019|||
|Eugeo and Kirito are now elite students of the academy. Humbert Zizek, Second seat among the elite students, challenges Eugeo for a duel which ends up in a draw. Some days later, Kirito and Eugeo have a picnic with their pages, Ronye Arabel and Tiese Shtolienen. In the occasion, Ronye and Tiese reveal that a fellow student, Frenica Szeski who is Humbert's page, is being abused by Humbert. Kirito and Eugeo then confront Humbert and his classmate, Raios Antinous, who do not deny the accusations, but claim that they did not violate any rule, much to their anger. While alone with Eugeo, Tiese expresses her despair upon someday being forced to marry a person like Humbert and Eugeo comforts her.|
Transcription: "Kinki Mokuroku" (Japanese: 禁忌目録)
|Shunsuke Nakashige||Munemasa Nakamoto||December 8, 2018||April 6, 2019|||
|Eugeo and Kirito realize that their pages are missing and Kirito leaves to look for them. Soon after, Frenica approaches Eugeo and informs him that they intend to confront Humbert for her sake, as he keeps abusing her. Eugeo then storms Raios and Humbert's room, where he finds Ronye and Tiese gagged and tied up on a bed. Knowing that the taboo code prevents Eugeo from interfering, Raios and Humbert prepare to rape the girls in front of him, until Eugeo decides to violate the code and cuts off Humbert's arm. (In the process of violating the code, however, Eugeo has to fight against the seal in his right eye, which causes his eye to be destroyed.) Raios attempts to execute Eugeo but Kirito arrives and defends him. Kirito fights Raios, cutting off his arms, which leads to his death, while Humbert escapes. After the incident, an instructor restores Eugeo's eye. The next day both Kirito and Eugeo are handed over to an Integrity Knight and are surprised to discover the knight is none other than Alice.|
Transcription: "Sentoraru Kasedoraru" (Japanese: セントラル・カセドラル)
|Satoshi Saga||Munemasa Nakamoto||December 15, 2018||April 13, 2019|||
|Eugeo is certain that the knight in front of them is Alice, but she does not recognize him or Kirito and takes them into custody. Kirito and Eugeo broke out from the prison using their high object control authority and proceed to the Central Cathedral, but Alice, having predicted their move, sends another Integrity Knight to intercept them. In the real world, Asuna is introduced to the first prototype of a AI robot that is being developed at the Ocean Turtle.|
|12||61||"The Sage of the Library"|
Transcription: "Tosho-shitsu no Kenja" (Japanese: 図書室の賢者)
|Tsuyoshi Tobita||Munemasa Nakamoto|
|December 22, 2018||April 20, 2019|||
|Eugeo and Kirito face off against an Integrity Knight named Eldrie after they run away from prison. Kirito and Eldrie start fighting but soon it turns out that Eldrie has a Divine Weapon. Eugeo remembers who Eldrie really is; when Eugeo starts listing off different things the Knight has done, Eldrie starts screaming, saying that he has no such recollection of those memories. He then falls to the ground, with an unknown purple crystal coming out of his forehead. When Eugeo tells Eldrie his mother's name he starts crying, then another Integrity Knight comes and attacks Kirito and Eugeo. They both run towards a dead end, where a warp gate appears in front of them, taking them to a grand library. The woman who teleported them turns out to be the Cardinal System of that world, and knows that Kirito is from the real world. She then goes on to explain the history of the VR world, how it all started and who developed and created the Taboo Index.|
|13||62||"Ruler and Mediator"|
Transcription: "Shihai-sha to Chōtei-sha" (Japanese: 支配者と調停者)
|Hiroshi Kimura||Munemasa Nakamoto|
|January 5, 2019||April 27, 2019|||
|A flashback occurs to when the Administrator is losing her own memory space, and so gets a child to link their memory. But this was a fatal mistake of the Administrator, because this means the child gets the same authority and power. This comes to the attention of the child (which is now to be revealed as the cardinal of the great library) and so, she attacks the Administrator. She flees to the one out of two places the Administrator doesn't have authority over, the great library. She spends the last 200 years thinking of a way to defeat the Administrator and finds Kirito and Eugeo in the process. She also explains how to get the Integrity Knight's memory back. Thus, the Cardinal allies with Kirito and Eugeo to defeat the administrator and get back Alice.|
Part 2: Alicization Rising
|No.||Series No.||English title[b]
Original Japanese title
|Director(s)||Writer(s)||Original air date||English air date||Refs.|
|14||63||"The Crimson Knight"|
Transcription: "Guren no Kishi" (Japanese: 紅蓮の騎士)
|Shunsuke Ishikawa||Munemasa Nakamoto||January 12, 2019||May 4, 2019|||
|Back to the Cathedral, Kirito and Eugeo retrieve their swords, just before being attacked by Deusolbert, one of the Integrity Knights. After defeating the knight with Kirito's help, Eugeo recognizes him as the same knight who took Alice into custody eight years ago, and they discover that his memories prior to this event were erased by the administrator as well. Recognizing their prowess, Deusolbert reveals that multiple Integrity Knights are waiting for them at the Cathedral's 50th floor with orders to kill them at sight. On the way there, Kirito and Eugeo discuss a strategy to deal with the knights when two young girls appear before them.|
|15||64||"The Relentless Knight"|
Transcription: "Retsujitsu no Kishi" (Japanese: 烈日の騎士)
|Hirotaka Tokuda||Munemasa Nakamoto||January 19, 2019||May 11, 2019|||
|The two girls introduce themselves as Linel and Fizel, two novices studying at the cathedral, but just as they approach Kirito and Eugeo, they stab them with poisoned daggers, revealing themselves as Integrity Knights. To prove their value to the other Knights, Linel and Fizel carry the immobilized Kirito and Eugeo all the way to the 50th floor, where Fanatio, vice-commander of the Integrity Knights, awaits them. Upon arriving there, Kirito, revealing that he saw through their scheme and had taken measures to protect himself, uses the same daggers to restrain them, and confronts Fanatio alone until Eugeo recovers. Eugeo then uses his "Perfect Weapon Control Art" to immobilize the knights.|
|16||65||"The Osmanthus Knight"|
Transcription: "Kinmokusei no Kishi" (Japanese: 金木犀の騎士)
|Saori Den||Munemasa Nakamoto||January 26, 2019||May 18, 2019|||
|With Eugeo's help, Kirito defeats Fanatio, leaving her critically wounded. To save her, Kirito uses one of the special daggers Cardinal entrusted to them, despite Cardinal's instruction to save the weapons for Alice and the Administrator. With Fanatio under Cardinal's care, the two take an elevator to the 80th floor, where Alice awaits them. Kirito confronts Alice to give Eugeo a chance to use the dagger on her, but amidst the battle, a hole is opened in the exterior wall and both Kirito and Alice get sucked through it, much to Eugeo's despair.|
Transcription: "Kyūsen Kyōtei" (Japanese: 休戦協定)
|Michiru Itabisashi||Yukito Kizawa||February 2, 2019||May 25, 2019|||
|With Kirito and Alice dangling along the wall of the church, Alice reluctantly agrees to work with Kirito to climb up to floor 95 where they can re-enter. Kirito attempts to tell Alice about her true past and the truth about Administrator. After climbing up for a while, they encounter minions from Dark Territory who have been posing as statues along the higher levels. Kirito and Alice fight together to defeat them. Meanwhile, Eugeo proceeds up the church until he reaches a great bath on floor 90 and encounters Bercouli Synthesis One.|
|18||67||"The Legendary Hero"|
Transcription: "Densetsu no Eiyū" (Japanese: 伝説の英雄)
|Ken Takahashi||Yukito Kizawa||February 9, 2019||June 1, 2019|||
|Eugeo confronts Bercouli Synthesis One and traps them both in ice using the Blue Rose Sword's full memory release. Eugeo activates the secondary effect of the sword which drains the life of all objects trapped within its ice. With Eugeo betting he has more life than Bercouli, he tries to explain to Bercouli he was brainwashed by Administrator and begs him to remember the Blue Rose Sword, only to discover it was Bercouli who slayed the dragon in the cave. Suddenly, Prime Senator Chudelkin appears, petrifying Bercouli and capturing Eugeo. Meanwhile, Kirito and Alice take a rest before they continue climbing the wall, and Kirito convinces Alice to listen to his story, including the truth behind her past.|
Transcription: "Rikorekushon" (Japanese: リコレクション)
|N/A||N/A||February 16, 2019||N/A|||
|Kirito recaps the events of Alicization so far to Alice. Summarizes the first 18 episodes.|
|19||68||"The Seal of the Right Eye"|
Transcription: "Migime no Fūin" (Japanese: 右目の封印)
|Shunsuke Ishikawa||Yukito Kizawa||February 23, 2019||June 8, 2019|||
|As Kirito explains the truth of the Underworld to Alice, and the truth behind Administrator and the Integrity Knights, Alice is convinced that Kirito is telling the truth. With Alice now strongly suspicious of the Axiom Church, she vows to reject its authority, only to be stopped by the seal in her right eye. Alice struggles to finish her sentence, but by force of will manages to yell out the remainder of her sentence, causing her right eye to explode before she passes out. Meanwhile Eugeo wakes up to find himself on the 100th floor. Before he can attack Administrator, she awakens and puts Eugeo into a suggestive state and tricks him into dropping the protection of his Fluctlight's core.|
Transcription: "Shinsesaizu" (Japanese: シンセサイズ)
|Yukito Kizawa||March 2, 2019||June 15, 2019|||
|Alice wakes up to find herself carried up to floor 95. Kirito initiates a tracking spell to locate Eugeo's sword, finding it in a frozen bath hall on floor 90, but Eugeo is nowhere to be seen. To Alice's horror, she finds Bercouli in a petrified state and begins to cry. Bercouli momentarily wakes up and praises Alice for her ability to break the seal in her eye and pushes her to move forward with Kirito. Both Alice and Kirito proceed towards floor 100, crossing into a forbidden room meant for the Senators of the church, where they discover several humanoid figures. Once human, they are now trapped in pods, unable to move, and fed through tubes. Disgusted by the Pontifex's manipulation, Alice and Kirito encounter Prime Senator Chudelkin, but he escapes. They chase him to a dead end on floor 99, and Eugeo Synthesis 32 descends from a hole in the ceiling leading to the 100th floor.|
Part 3: Alicization Uniting
|No.||Series No.||English title[b]
Original Japanese title
|Director(s)||Writer(s)||Original air date||English air date||Refs.|
|21||70||"The 32nd Knight"|
Transcription: "San jū ni-banme no kishi" (Japanese: 三十二番目の騎士)
|Shunsuke Nakashige||Yukito Kizawa||March 9, 2019||June 22, 2019|||
|With Alice watching, Kirito and Eugeo begin fighting with one another. During the fight Kirito tries to snap Eugeo out of his synthesized personality. Eventually during the fight, due to the synthesis ritual having been rushed and no memories removed, Eugeo manages to regain control of his mind. He freezes both Alice and Kirito with the Blue Rose Sword and heads up to kill Administrator. Eugeo, pretending to still be under the influence of the piety module, allows Administrator to put him in a dazed state and to remove the module. While Chudelkin goes to inspect the results of the battle, Administrator attempts to resynthesize Eugeo, but fails. Eugeo attempts to pierce Administrator only to hit a defensive shield. Metal cannot pierce her skin. Chudelkin gets ambushed by Kirito and Alice and the two force their way up to Administrator's room. The three fight Chudelkin, but he proves to be extremely skilled with the sacred arts, as he summons a fire element monster resembling himself, which he calls the Genie.|
|22||71||"Titan of the Sword"|
Transcription: "Ken no Kyojin" (Japanese: 剣の巨人)
|Hiroshi Kimura||Munemasa Nakamoto||March 16, 2019||June 29, 2019|||
|Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo find themselves overwhelmed by the Genie until Kirito attacks Chudelkin directly. Chudelkin is swiftly defeated by Kirito after a sudden spike in his power through the incarnate arts, which temporarily changed his garments to those of his Aincrad days. This allows Administrator to understand Kirito is not from Underworld, but outside the virtual reality. After some conversation, Administrator summons a creature made of swords, which she calls Sword Golem. Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo find themselves unable to fight against it until Charlotte, the observation unit from Cardinal, changes into a giant spider and holds off the Golem. Eugeo is given instructions to stab the dagger into the hole in the floor. After doing as instructed, a portal opens and Cardinal appears and incapacitates the Golem with a lightning strike, heals Kirito and Alice, and mourns Charlotte's death.|
Transcription: "Adominisutorēta" (Japanese: アドミニストレータ)
|Yukito Kizawa||March 23, 2019||July 6, 2019|||
|With the appearance of Cardinal, Administrator severs the outside link to the world and places floor 100 of the Axiom church into a dark void. Administrator explains that the source of all the divine swords that make up the Golem are from converted human units in the human empire, and the source of its life is the Piety module. Her plan to combat the Dark Territory is to create more Sword Golems from roughly half of the human empire's population. Cardinal proposes to make a deal with Administrator: Cardinal's life for the freedom of Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo. Administrator accepts and begins to relentlessly strike Cardinal with lightning. Shortly before her death, Cardinal grants Eugeo his wish to be fused into his sword. With Eugeo now in the form of a sword, he shatters the golem's Piety module, attacks administrator and cuts off her arm, but Administrator breaks Eugeo in half.|
Transcription: "Boku no Eiyū" (Japanese: ぼくの英雄)
|Yukito Kizawa||March 30, 2019||July 13, 2019|||
|With Eugeo dying and Alice unconscious, Kirito fights against Administrator alone. She shocks him by using SAO Sword Skills, stating there is nothing about the system she does not know. The bisected, but human, Eugeo begs him to stand and uses his remaining life and blood to temporarily reform the Blue Rose Sword, which is made of crystal. Dual-wielding, Kirito loses his right arm but cuts off Administrator's remaining arm and deals critical damage. Administrator decides to exit the Underworld and summons the system console, but Chudelkin suddenly regains consciousness and latches on to Administrator, begging her to not leave him. With lingering fire elements still active, Chudelkin and Administrator catch fire, killing them both. Eugeo says his goodbye to Kirito and dies with young Alice's memory. Kirito walks over to the system console and initiates a communication line to the real world where he discovers the Ocean Turtle is under attack. Kikuoka instructs Kirito to take Alice to the World's End Altar in the Dark Territory before getting cut off. Kirito then loses consciousness from fluctlight damage as the attackers shut the power off at Rath, causing a surge that strikes his comatose body.|
|Volume||Episodes||Blu-ray & DVD release date|
|Volume 1||1–3||January 30, 2019|
|Volume 2||4–6||February 27, 2019|
|Volume 3||7–9||March 27, 2019|
|Volume 4||10–12||April 24, 2019|
|Volume 5||13–15||May 29, 2019|
|Volume 6||16–18.5||June 20, 2019|
|Volume 7||19–21||July 24, 2019|
|Volume 8||22–24||August 28, 2019|
- Such as Asuna's ring given to her by Kirito in the film or Kirito's friends using the Augma, which was introduced in the film.
- All English titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- Sword Art Online: Alicization premiered with a special one-hour episode, with pre-screenings in several countries on September 15, 2018.
- The English dub of episode 6 of Alicization originally aired on March 16, but due to a broadcast error six minutes into the episode that caused it to freeze, it had to be skipped for the next show on the schedule. The full uninterrupted episode was uploaded hours later on Adult Swim's website. Toonami re-aired the episode on March 23, pushing back episode 7 for a back-to-back airing with episode 8 the following week on March 30.
- "Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime's 1st Video Reveals Staff, October Premiere". Anime News Network. March 23, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-03-24. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- Antonio Pineda, Rafael (August 9, 2018). "Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime Gets 1-Hour World Premiere in 7 Countries". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 2018-08-10. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- Loo, Egan (March 30, 2019). "Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Anime's Teaser Reveals October Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- "Sword Art Online: Alicization Premieres on Toonami on February 9". Anime News Network. January 24, 2019. Archived from the original on 2019-01-25. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- "LiSA, Eir Aoi Perform Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime's Theme Songs". Anime News Network. August 16, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-08-16. Retrieved August 16, 2018.
- "ASCA, ReoNa Perform New Theme Songs for Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime". Anime News Network. December 8, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-12-09. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- "Story" (in Japanese). A-1 Pictures. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション - アニメ - TOKYO MX (in Japanese). Tokyo MX. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "On-Air Schedule - Adult Swim". Adult Swim. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "Archived copy" 第1話 アンダーワールド [Episode 1 - "Underworld"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved October 6, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第2話 悪魔の樹 [Episode 2 - "The Demon Tree"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved October 9, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第3話 果ての山脈 [Episode 3 - "The End Mountains"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved October 16, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第4話 旅立ち [Episode 4 - "Departure"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved October 23, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第5話 オーシャン・タートル [Episode 5 - "Ocean Turtle"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved October 30, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Toonami". Facebook. March 18, 2019. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- "Archived copy" 第6話 アリシゼーション計画 [Episode 6 - "Project Alicization"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved November 6, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第7話 剣の学び舎 [Episode 7 - "Swordcraft Academy"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved November 13, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第8話 剣士の矜持 [Episode 8 - "Swordsman's Pride"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved November 24, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第9話 貴族の責務 [Episode 9 - "Nobleman's Responsibilities"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-02. Retrieved December 1, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第10話 禁忌目録 [Episode 10 - "Taboo Index"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-09. Retrieved December 5, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第11話 セントラル・カセドラル [Episode 11 - "Central Cathedral"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-15. Retrieved December 15, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第12話 図書室の賢者 [Episode 12 - "The Sage of the Library"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-21. Retrieved December 19, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第13話 支配者と調停者 [Episode 13 - "Ruler and Mediator"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2018-12-29. Retrieved December 29, 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第14話 紅蓮の騎士 [Episode 14 - "The Crimson Knight"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-01-12. Retrieved January 10, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第15話 烈日の騎士 [Episode 15 - "The Relentless Knight"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-01-18. Retrieved January 16, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第16話 金木犀の騎士 [Episode 16 - "The Osmanthus Knight"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-01-24. Retrieved January 23, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第17話 休戦協定 [Episode 17 - "Truce"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-02-10. Retrieved January 30, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第18話 伝説の英雄 [Episode 18 - "The Legendary Hero"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-02-09. Retrieved February 7, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Monogatari Series Rebroadcast Takes Over Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime's Timeslot Starting on April 6". Anime News Network. Anime News Network. February 10, 2019. Archived from the original on 2019-02-10. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- "Archived copy" 第18.5話 リコレクション [Episode 18.5 - "Recollection"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-02-14. Retrieved February 14, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第19話 右目の封印 [Episode 19 - "The Seal of the Right Eye"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-02-19. Retrieved February 19, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第20話 シンセサイズ [Episode 20 - "Synthesize"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-02-28. Retrieved February 28, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第21話 三十二番目の騎士 [Episode 21 - "The 32nd Knight"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-03-06. Retrieved March 6, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第22話 剣の巨人 [Episode 22 - "Titan of the Sword"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-03-16. Retrieved March 16, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第23話 アドミニストレータ [Episode 23 - "Administrator"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-03-22. Retrieved March 22, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" 第24話 ぼくの英雄 [Episode 24 - "My Hero"] (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2019-03-29. Retrieved March 29, 2019.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 1". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 2". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 3". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 4". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 5". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 6". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 7". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション 8". Sword Art Online (in Japanese). Retrieved July 21, 2019.