Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
|Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter|
|Engine||MARS 2 Engine|
|Release||October 28, 2011|
|Genre(s)||Turn-based strategy, real-time tactics|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter is a science fiction strategy video game developed by Kerberos Productions. It is the sequel to the 2006 game Sword of the Stars and is published by Paradox Interactive. It features the same six races as the original game along with a new enemy, the Suul'ka. On October 19, 2012, Kerberos gave the 'all-clear' rating, stating the game is now in an acceptable state and support for the project will continue indefinitely. In late 2012, the End of Flesh expansion was made available for free to all owners of the game, simultaneous with the release of the Enhanced Edition which bundles the original game with the expansion.
At the 2011 release, Game Informer summarized the game as "A Total Disaster", explaining that "This might be a decent game after six more months of twice-weekly patching. Right now, it’s a failure on every level." Kerberos released multiple updates following release, including an all-clear patch and the late 2012 End of Flesh expansion.
Nonetheless, impressions remain generally negative: the expansion earned a score of 55/100 in PCGamer, which found it "hobbled by bizarre design decisions." Gamestar gave it 68/100, recommending it only "for diehard fans of the genre." It holds a Metacritic score of 44 out of 100 and a GameRankings score of 43.12%.
- Cutter, Jenn (2011-02-02). "Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- "Sword of the Stars II First Details". IGN. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- "Kerberos Productions • View topic - THE ALL CLEAR!". Kerberos-productions.com. 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition Released". SpaceSector.com. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "A Total Disaster - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter - PC". www.GameInformer.com. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition review". PC Gamer. 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- Von Patrick Lück (2012-12-23). "Sword of the Stars 2: Lords of Winter (PC) im Test" (in German). GameStar.de. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter".
- "Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter for PC - GameRankings".
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|