||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (February 2010)|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Website||SyMenu home page|
SyMenu is a portable Start menu replacement hosted by UGMFree.
SyMenu is a portable menu launcher and a Start Menu replacer to organize your applications quickly and easily. On top of that SyMenu is able to automatically index any application installed on the host pc. But the real power of SyMenu unfolds when you approach its large and daily growing suites of freeware programs, one of the largest available on the Internet.
These are SyMenu best functionalities:
It is able to install, link, update and eventually remove all the programs documented with the SPS format.
Start menu replacement: SyMenu offers a movable button to access all its features and linked programs and local programs.
Start Search bar: (Windows Vista/7/8 like) allows to quickly search amongst any SyItem configured on menu and every local program;
Extension Manager: allows to temporarily replace normal Windows extension associations with SyMenu custom extension association;
Autoexec: allows to launch a SyItem custom list at SyMenu startup or at closing;
Alternative execution modes: any SyItem could be executed in normal mode (Run) in RunAs mode (specifying alternative credential), opening containing folder mode and showing Windows file properties dialog;
Customizable shortcuts and gestures to run any configured SyItem;
Customizable built in elements to include the features you need more in whatever place of your menu;
Batch Import: allows to massive import new SyItems;
Treeview item: SyItem are organized into a hierarchical treeview. New item can be added by dragging and dropping executable file from OS. Item can be automatically organize in alphabetical order or dragging them from a container to another;
SyMenu needs the following requisites to work:
* .NET Framework 2.0 or higher (available for free at the Microsoft web site)
Supported operating systems are the ones in which you can install .NET Framework 2.0 that is:
* Windows 2000 * Windows XP * Windows Server 2003 * Windows Vista * Windows Server 2008 * Windows 7 * Windows Server 2012 * Windows Server Core * Windows 8 * Windows 8.1 * Windows 10
It doesn't matter if your OS is 32bit or 64bit version.
SyMenu is translated in following languages:
* Chinese (traditional) * Czech * Danish * Dutch * English * Finnish * French * German * Greek * Hungarian * Italian * Polish * Portuguese * Portuguese-Brazilian * Romanian * Russian * Slovak * Spanish * Swedish
Not official languages:
* Catalan * Chinese (simplified) * Japanese * Russian * Turkish
- UGMFree.it - Official Site
- SyMenu forum
- Facebook page
- Build the perfect portable toolkit with SyMenu
- Instant fundas - 3 tools to add a start menu to USB flash drives
- Instant fundas - SyMenu Customizable start menu and program manager for USB drives
- Article Alley - A mouse free approach for working with your system
- OsAttack - Top 10 Application Launchers for Windows
- ghacks.net - Program launcher SyMenu integrates Nirsoft, Sysinternals and other programs
- PC ADVISOR - SyMenu A superb portable program launcher/Start Menu