Seely, photographed by Nelson Evans
January 2, 1902
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
June 26, 1984 (aged 82)|
Culver City, California, U.S.
Sybil Seely (January 2, 1902 – June 26, 1984) was a silent film actress who worked with the well known silent film comedy actor Buster Keaton. She was credited in most of her films as Sibye Trevilla.
Sybil Seely was born Sybil Travilla to Harry Travilla and Lucie Ellen Boyker in Los Angeles.
Seely acted in her first film, Hearts and Flowers at the age of 17. She is known to have appeared in 21 films, some opposite Buster Keaton.
- Hearts and Flowers (1919)
- A Lady's Tailor (1919)
- Salome vs. Shenandoah (1919)
- Up in Alf's Place (1919)
- His Last False Step (1919)
- Down on the Farm (1920)
- By Golly! (1920)
- Married Life (1920)
- One Week (1920)
- Convict 13 (1920)
- Movie Fans (1920)
- Love, Honor and Behave! (1920)
- The Scarecrow (1920) (uncredited)
- Bungalow Troubles (1920)
- The Boat (1921)
- A Sailor-Made Man (1921)
- On Patrol (1922)
- The Frozen North (1922)
- Walker, Brent E. (2013). Mack Sennett's Fun Factory: A History and Filmography of His Studio and His Keystone and Mack Sennett Comedies, with Biographies of Players and Personnel. McFarland. p. 551. ISBN 9780786477111. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- Sybil Seely profile, imdb.com; accessed January 5, 2017.
- http://www.classicvideostreams.com/BCVS/favs/Seely-S_idx.htm Sybil Seely at Classic Video Streams
- http://www.classicvideostreams.com/BCVS/docs/Seely-S_de.jpg Death Certificate of Sybil Travilla Furthman], classicvideostreams.com; accessed January 5, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sybil Seely.|
- One Week (1919) at Internet Archive
- Convict 13 (1920) at Internet Archive
- The Scarecrow (1920) at Internet Archive
- The Boat (1921) at Internet Archive
- The Frozen North (1922) at Internet Archive
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|