|Elevation||541 ft (165 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||Area code 256|
|GNIS feature ID||127608|
Sycamore is an unincorporated community in Talladega County, Alabama, United States, located near Alabama State Route 21, 6.1 miles (9.8 km) north-northeast of Sylacauga. Sycamore has a post office with ZIP code 35149. Sycamore was originally called Sycamore Grove, and was named for the sycamore trees which grew at the site. The post office was established in 1876.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Incorporated under the name of Sycamore Mills in 1924, it appeared only once on census rolls in 1930. Presumably, it either disincorporated or lost its charter sometimes in the 1930s.
- "Sycamore". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Foscue, Virginia (1989). Place Names in Alabama. Tuscaloosa: The University of Alabama Press. p. 134. ISBN 0-8173-0410-X.
- "Whitey Glazner". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved Aug 29, 2013.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|