|No. 64, 73|
|Born:||September 27, 1958|
Orange, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||258 lb (117 kg)|
|High school:||New Providence (NJ)|
|NFL Draft:||1980 / Round: 3 / Pick: 61|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Sydney William Kitson (born September 27, 1958) is a former professional American football guard in the National Football League for the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys. He played college football at Wake Forest University.
He attended New Providence High School in New Providence, New Jersey, where he played football on the New Providence Pioneers. He accepted a scholarship from Wake Forest University. In college, he started his career at tight end, before being moved to offensive tackle and eventually to offensive guard.
Green Bay Packers
Kitson was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the third round (61st overall) of the 1980 NFL Draft. As a rookie, he was a reserve guard until the tenth game, when he replaced an injured Buddy Aydelette as the team's long snapper.
On October 13, 1981, he was placed on the injured reserve list with a neck injury for five games. In 1982, he was placed on the injured reserve list, after suffering a crack shoulder, while playing against the Los Angeles Raiders in the preseason.
In 1983, he alternated at left guard with Dave Drechsler for the first 4 games, before being moved to right guard after the 11th game of the season in place of Tim Huffman. He had a reception for 9 yards as an eligible receiver against the Minnesota Vikings.
From 1986 to 1992, he founded a real state company that developed and sold residential communities, commercial properties, senior housing units, retail stores and offices.
He is currently the chairman/CEO and one of the founding partners of Kitson & Partners, a real estate development company. Kitson, along with group of his partners from Kitson & Partners, planned a new solar-powered city called Babcock Ranch in Southwest Florida. Kitson also serves on the Board of Directors of the Florida Council of 100 and as the Chair of the Florida Chamber.
- "Packers Sign Two Linebackers To Replace Anderson, Cumby". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Packers Sign Guard, Deactivate Kitson". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Packers Cut Torkelson, Jensen, Livers". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Kitson And Sams On Their Guards". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Packers Demote Huffman And Promote Kitson". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Notes". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Packers make guard changes". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Kitson Cut By Packers". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Cowboy Coach Landry Says Hell Back Next Season". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Solar Energy-Loving NFL Vet Syd Kitson Is Building the Smartest Town in Florida". Retrieved February 19, 2016.