||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
SydneyPLUS International is a Canadian computer company based in Richmond, British Columbia, with offices in New York and Los Angeles in the United States, and Nottingham in the UK. A private company, its staff is organized into research and development, client services, and sales and marketing. The company offers products and services for library automation and knowledge management to special libraries, particularly law firms. SydneyPLUS serves organizations and businesses in finance, government, legal services, life sciences, media, and resources. In June 2013 it changed its name to Lucidea Corporation.
The company known as SydneyPLUS International, founded in 1977, is the result of a merger of International Library Systems Corporation and Sydney Development in 1989. A minicomputer version of SydneyPLUS operated in OpenVMS in the 1980s and Unix in 1993. In 1996, the company offered a client/server product for Windows NT or Unix servers. The company now offers SQL and Oracle platforms for client/server installations and an ASP hosted solution. The system is a modular design that lets users add on the applications that they need for their operations. The President of SydneyPLUS is Ron Aspe.
The company acquired Cuadra Associates in 2008, developers of the Cuadra STAR family of products. It followed with the acquisition of Inmagic, Inc.'s special library business in 2011, including the DB/TextWorks Library Suite.
- Saffady, William (March–April 1997). "International Library Systems". Library Technology Reports 33 (2): 229.
- Barry, Jeff. "Delivering the Personalized Library." Library Journal 125, no. 6 (April 2000).
- "ILS ships Windows interface for client/server versions of SydneyPLUS." Information Today. 14, no. 4 (April 1997): 45
- "SydneyPLUS, Inmagic, Cuadra, Questor and affiliate companies now Lucidea Corporation" (Press release). 10 June 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Cibbarelli, Pamela. "User ratings of DEC VAX IOLS software." Information Today (Jul/Aug 1995): 43.
- "SydneyPLUS acquires Inmagic’s special library products as well as the Inmagic brand" (Press release). 24 October 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|