Sydney Harbour Federation Trust
The Macquarie Lighthouse at Vaucluse.
|Statutory authority overview|
|Jurisdiction||Cockatoo Island, North Head, Georges Heights, Middle Head Fortifications, Macquarie Lighthouse, Snapper Island, HMAS Platypus, Chowder Bay|
|Headquarters||Building 28, Best Avenue, Mosman, New South Wales|
|Statutory authority executives|
|Parent Statutory authority||Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment|
The Sydney Harbour Federation Trust ("Harbour Trust") is an Australian Government agency established in 2001 to preserve and rehabilitate a number of defence and other Commonwealth lands in and around Sydney Harbour. The Trust has been focused on the remediation of protected islands and make the islands accessible to the public.
The lands managed by the Harbour Trust are:
- Cockatoo Island
- Headland Park, Mosman (Middle Head, Georges Heights and Chowder Bay)
- North Head Sanctuary (Former School of Artillery), North Head, Manly
- Woolwich Dock and Parklands
- Macquarie Lighthouse
- Snapper Island
- Former Marine Biological Station, Watsons Bay
- HMAS Platypus, Neutral Bay
A number of other bodies have responsibility for the management of lands around Sydney Harbour including the Sydney Harbour National Park, an entity of the New South Wales State Government.
Parking and other illegal activities on Sydney Harbour Trust land is enforced as a Commonwealth offence by special Sydney Harbour Trust rangers, which is a minimum $100 fine and is not enforced as a NSW Government State Debt Recovery Office matter.
- ^ "Harbour Trust: Extraordinary Places on Sydney Harbour | Harbour Trust". www.harbourtrust.gov.au. Retrieved 27 August 2021.
- ^ "Marine Biological Station". Sydney Harbour Federation Trust. Retrieved 18 July 2016.