Sydney Opera House Trust
The Trust operates as one of the State's cultural institutions within the Arts portfolio. It is constituted as a body corporate under the Sydney Opera House Trust Act 1961. It has 10 members appointed by the Governor of New South Wales on the nomination of the Minister for the Arts. The Trustees must include at least two persons who have knowledge of or experience in the performing arts. A Trustee holds office for three years and is eligible for reappointment for no more than three consecutive terms.
The Trust's objectives are:
- To administer, care for, control, manage and maintain the Sydney Opera House building and site
- To manage and administer the site as an arts centre and meeting place
- To promote artistic taste and achievement in all branches of the performing arts
- To foster scientific research into and to encourage the development of new forms of entertainment and presentation.
The Executive and staff of Sydney Opera House assist the Trust in meeting these objectives.
The Chairman since 4 October 2013 has been Mr. John Symond AM.
- Official Sydney Opera House Trust website
- Sydney Opera House Trust Act 1961 (NSW)
- Media related to Sydney Opera House at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about an organisation in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|