Sydney Opera House Trust
|Parent department||Arts NSW|
|Website||Sydney Opera House Trust|
The Trust operates as one of the State's premier cultural institutions within the Arts NSW portfolio. It is constituted as a body corporate under the Sydney Opera House Trust Act 1961. It has 10 members appointed by the Governor of New South Wales on the nomination of the Minister for the Arts. The Trustees must include at least two persons who have knowledge of or experience in the performing arts. A Trustee holds office for three years and is eligible for reappointment for no more than three consecutive terms.
The Trust's objectives are:
- To administer, care for, control, manage, staff and maintain the Sydney Opera House building and site
- To manage and administer the site as an arts centre and meeting place
- To promote artistic taste and achievement in all branches of the performing arts
- To foster scientific research into and to encourage the development of new forms of entertainment and presentation.
- "Our People". Sydney Opera House. Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Official Sydney Opera House Trust website
- Sydney Opera House Trust Act 1961 (NSW)
- Media related to Sydney Opera House at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about an organisation in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|