Sydney Youth Orchestra
|Sydney Youth Orchestra|
The Sydney Youth Orchestra (or SYO), is the flagship orchestra of the Sydney Youth Orchestras family. The SYO provides orchestral training to young musicians in the age range 6-25 years.
Sydney Youth Orchestras consists of eleven different ensembles of varying standards. Many of the members of the SYO (the most senior orchestra) have progressed through the various lower level ensembles within the association, although it is not a requirement for entry.
String Orchestral Ensembles (strings only)
- Speer Orchestra (35 stringed instruments)
- John Hopkins Orchestra (35 stringed instruments, commenced 2014)
- Camerata Vibrata (35 stringed instruments, commenced 2008)
- Cameratissimo (35 stringed instruments, commenced 2008)
- Chamber Orchestra (35 stringed instruments)
- Sinfonietta (35 stringed instruments)
- Sydney Youth Orchestra Philharmonic (SYOP) - symphony orchestra with 75 total instruments
- Peter Seymour Orchestra (PSO) - 30 stringed instruments and 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons, 2 French horns, optional 2 Trumpets, optional 2 Clarinets and optional timpani
- Symphonic Wind Orchestra (SWO) - 60 players with instruments including flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, horn, trumpet, euphonium, trombone, tuba and percussion)
- Brophy percussion ensemble, training with Synergy Percussion
- Percy Grainger percussion ensemble, training with Synergy Percussion
- TangoOz. Led by Tango specialist Maggie Ferguson, TangoOz was established in 2009 as a Tango Orchestra to give young musicians the unique opportunity to learn and play authentic Argentine tango music.
|This article on an Australian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|