Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi
|Chief Election Commissioner of India|
18 April 2015 – 6 July 2017
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||H. S. Brahma|
|Succeeded by||Achal Kumar Jyoti|
|Election Commissioner of India|
7 August 2012 – 18 April 2015
|Born||Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi
6 July 1952
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
Zaidi possesses a master's degree in Public Administration from Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University and has been a Mason Fellow for Public Policy at Harvard Institute for International Development.
Dr. Zaidi has served as the Permanent Representative of India on the Council of ICAO from November 2005 to October 2008. He has served as the Director General of Civil Aviation. He retired from IAS as Secretary to the Government of India in Ministry of Civil Aviation on 31 July 2012. The first election in his tenure was Bihar Legislative Assembly election, 2015.
- PTI Aug 7, 2012, 06.32PM IST (2012-08-07). "Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi appointed Election Commissioner - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- Ians - New Delhi (2012-08-07). "Nasim Ahmad Zaidi is new Election Commissioner". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- J Balaji (2012-08-03). "News / National : Zaidi is new Election Commissioner". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- (2012-07-31). "Welcome to Election Commission of India". Eci.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "Election Commission's neutrality: Will Zaidi fit in Seshan's shoes?".
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|