Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi
Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi
سید صفدر حسین نجفي
سید صفدر حسین نقوى نجفی
|Died||3 December 1989|
|Resting place||Jamea tul Muntazar, H. block, Model town, Lahore, Pakistan.|
|Religion||Usuli Twelver Shi`a Islam|
سید صفدر حسین نقوى نجفی
|Based in||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Period in office||1956–1989|
|Predecessor||Principal of Jamea tul Muntazar|
|Ordination||Devoted his complete life to his nation|
|Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi|
|Main interest(s)||Tafsir, Hadith, Kalam, Fiqh, Islamic philosophy, Islamic ethics|
|Notable idea(s)||If one is sincere with the God, God will help him in all his works.|
|Notable work(s)||He spent his all abilities and efforts for the betterment and awareness of his nation.|
Maulana Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi (مولانا سید صفدر حسین نجفی) was a scholar and leader of Islam.
- 1 Social background
- 2 Activities in Pakistan
- 2.1 Majalis
- 2.2 Religious organizations
- 2.3 Introduction of Imam Khomaini
- 2.4 Work about Islamic Revolution of Iran
- 2.5 Development and awareness of Islamic knowledge in women
- 2.6 Political efforts and solution of crises
- 2.7 Institutions (Madaris)
- 2.8 Publications
- 2.9 Shagerdan (distinguished personalities)
- 3 Status
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
- 7 External links
Family and childhood
Maulana Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi was born in 1932 at Alipur, a tehsil of Muzaffargarh District in the Panjab province of Pakistan. He is the son of Syed Ghulam Sarwar Naqvi from a well known Naqvi Syed family. He descended from Syed Jalal-ul-Din Surkhposh Bukhari (and his grandson Jahaniyan Jahangasht is buried in the Uch), who was from a branch of the scions of Imam Ali Naqi. At the time of his birth no one knew this child will become Muhsin-e-Millat and will change the history of shiat through his character, efforts, hard work and sincerity. He was like an Islamic icon for his country, nation and young generation.
|The Fourteen Infallibles|
Education in Pakistan
His uncle, Ustad ul Ulama Grand Ayatollah Syed Muhammad Yar Naqvi Najafi proceeded to Najaf Ashraf and returned from there in 1940. He started his early education at the age of three years in the holy lap of his mother by learning of Quran. After that he began his religious education from Ustad ul Ulama at the age of 8 years.
- Madrasa of Ustad Allama Syed Muhammad Baqir Naqvi Chakrralvi, he was famous as Allama Baqir Hindi in Indopak. His Madrasa was located at the village (Chak) No. 38 in Khanewal, for 6 months, (1940).
- Madrasa Bab ul Uloom, Multan, for 2 months, (1940).
- Madrasa Thuta Sial in the environs of Muzaffargarh District, for 6 months, (1940 & 1941).
- Madrasa in Jalalpur Nangiana Sargodha, for 4 years, (1941–1945).
- Madrasa in Seetpur, Muzaffargarh District, for 6 months, (1946).
- Madrasa Bab ul Uloom, Multan (again) Maulana Syed Zain ul Abedin and Maulana Sheikh Muhammad Yar Fazil e Lakhnao, (1946).
- a Sunni Madrasa in Multan.
- Madrasa Sadeqiya, Khanpur, District Rahim Yar Khan, Maulana Allama Hussain Bakhsh Jarra (1947) commentary of the Quran.
- Madrasa in Khangarh, Maulana Ahmed Hassan, Shara Jami, Qutbi and Shara Bab e Hadi Ashar (1949).
- Madrasa Bab un Najaf in village Jarra, Dera Ismail Khan, Allama Hussain Bakhsh Jarra
Education in Najaf Ashraf
On 17 October 1951 he went to Najaf Ashraf.
- Kifaya, Rasael and Makasib for 4 years in Najaf Ashraf.
- Dars e kharij for one year.
His mentors in Najaf Ashraf were
- Grand Ayatollah Syed Muhsin ul-Hakim,
- Grand Ayatollah Abul Qasim Khoei,
- Allama Sheikh Muhammad Ali Afghani,
- Allama Syed Abul Qasim Rashti,
- Grand Ayatollah Agha Buzurg Tehrani (who gave him the certification (Ijaza) of the Hadith).
- Sheikh Muhammad Taqi Aal e Razi
- Sheikh ul Jamea Allama Akhtar Abbas Najafi.
After 5 years in the Holy City in 1956 Allama Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi returned to his homeland Pakistan.
Activities in Pakistan
- Washington D.C.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
- Wifaq ul Ulama Shia Pakistan.
- Tahrik e Nifaz e Fiqh e Jafaria Pakistan (TJP).
- Wifaq ul Madaris Shia Pakistan.
- Imamia Students Organisation.
- Imamia Organization.
- Misbah ul Quran Trust. (in 1985)
- Imamia Publications.
Introduction of Imam Khomaini
He introduced the personality of Imam Khomaini before 14 years of Islamic revolution of Iran and that time little peoples knows about Imam Khomaini he introduced him in Pakistan first time and he translated Imam Khomaini's "Tozih ul masail" in 1969 and he introduce Imam Khomaini in young generation in Pakistan first time, he was a true lover of Imam Khomaini. there was strong relation between Imam Khomaini and Allama Najafi through the letters and messages. Imam Khomaini always appreciated the efforts of Allama Najafi and once upon a time Allama Najafi and his mission partner Seith Nawazish Ali both met Imam Khomaini in France and requested him to stay in Pakistan. Imam Khomaini appreciated their suggestion. After the death of Imam Khomaini, Allama Najafi left Qum, Iran with these words: "Now it's hard to stay here without Imam Khomaini" and in same year six months after the death of Imam Khomaini Allama Najafi also died on 3 December 1989 in Lahore, Pakistan.
Work about Islamic Revolution of Iran
He was the first religious scholar in Pakistan who introduced the revolution of Iran and wrote so many books on this topic first time in the history of Pakistan and explained the benefits of social, ethical, spiritual and moral values through his speeches, articles and personal struggles and he want to see a real ideal Islamic system in Pakistan and he take so many steps for this, specially he want to see all religious scholars both Shia and Sunni on a single platform that was unique character of his personality that's why all the Muslims love with him.
Development and awareness of Islamic knowledge in women
He did lot of work for development and increasing basic Islamic knowledge among women in Pakistan. He made organisations and set up their educational institutions. He address with their gatherings and so many book for them and guide them in every field of life and he believed that only good mothers can develop and give us good Islamic society, because the mother's lap is the first institute of knowledge and Tarbiyat. He always requested women to follow the life and character of Fatimah Zahra and he introduced Islamic Hijab in women society.
Political efforts and solution of crises
He was not against politics. He was against the wrong things in which politicians were doing in the name of politics.
After the death of Allama Mufti Jafar Hussain, the main problem was leadership in Pakistan and through his loving and charming personality he solved the problem. When he was selected as Shia leader in meeting held on 10 February 1984 in Bhakkar, he explained his mission. He said: "My mission of life is to make up schools and set up a worldwide educational system and I suggest the name of Syed Arif Hussain as the leader of my Nation". The scholars accepted his decision. Through his leadership he did a lot of hard work for Islamic education. He was well aware of national and international politics and always kept his eyes on the future problems and their solutions.
When he took charge as a principal of Jamea tul Muntazar in 1966 there were only five Shia Madaris including Jamea tul Muntazar in Pakistan. Today there are more than 425 Madaris in Pakistan. It is the restless and continuous struggle of Muhsin e Millat. He made the chain of national and international following madaris.
- Jamea-tul-Muntazar, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Jamea Elmia, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Jamea Quran-o-Etrat, Sialkot, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Elmia Naeem-ul-Wa'aezeen, Sahiwal, Pakistan .
- Jamea Madina-tul-Elm, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Jamea Mahdavia Toba Take Singh, Pakistan.
- Jamea for Girls, Toba Take Sing, Pakistan.
- Jamea Aal-e-Muhammad, Jun pur, Raheem Yar Khan, Pakistan.
- Jamea-tul-Raza, Rohri, Pakistan.
- Jamea Imam-ul-Sajjad, Jhang, Pakistan
- Jamea-tul-Imam-ul-Hussain, Khanqah-Dogra, Pakistan.
- Jamea Rizvia, Azeez-ul-Madaris, Cheechawatni, Pakistan.
- Jamea-tul-Naqvia, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan.
- Jamea Ayatollah Khui, Shor Kot Cant, Pakistan.
- Jamea Taleem-ul-Islam, Silanwali, Sargodha, Pakistan.
- Jamea Fatimia, Rinala Khord, Pakistan.
- Jamea Salman Farsi, Attock, Pakistan.
- Jamea Islamia Baqiyyat-Ullah, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Jaferia, Jund, Attock, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Madina-tul-Elm, Qilla Sitar Shah, Shekhopura, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Wali Asr, Sukardu, Bultistan, Pakistan.
- Madrasaiya Rizvia, Saleh Put, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Madrasa-tul-Zehra, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Faizia, Naseerabade, Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Madina-tul-Elm, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Madina-tul-Elm, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Madrasa Khatem-un-Nabiyeen, Quetta, Pakistan.
- Jamea-tul-Muntazr, UK
- Jamea Wali Asr, USA
- Madrasa Imam-ul-Muntazar, Qum, Iran.
- Jamea-tul-Muntazar, Mashad Muqadas, Iran.
- Jamea-tul-Muntazar (for Girls) Qum, Iran.
On one occasion he said to his companions "Sheir Shah Suri was built 1500 miles road from Peshawar to Snar village (Culcutta, India) and after every 10 miles there was a restaurant, water well and post choky built."[This quote needs a citation] Then he said "I want to built [sic?] Madaris on G.T. road (Shahrah e Pakistan), a madrasa after every 50 miles"[This quote needs a citation] and "I want to see religious madrasa in every district there should be madrasa"[This quote needs a citation] He also acted upon his statement. It was the mission of Muhsin e Millat to establish a worldwide system of Madaris.
Allama Najafi started a monthly Islamic magazine with the title of Al-Muntazar for the children, adults, women and all the community, he was also the writer of 40 Books on different topics and translated more than 60 books.
Translation into Urdu
- Tafseer e Namoona the commentary of the Quran written by Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi, 27 volumes.
- Tafseer e Mauzooee, the topical commentary of the Quran written by Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi, 10 volumes.
- Tazkira tul Khawaas, written by Sibt ibn e Jaozi.
- Tozih ul Masail, written by Imam Khomaini "Tozih ul Masail".
- Hukumat e Islami, written by Imam Khomaini named "Wilayat e Faqeeh". (1972)
- Tafseer e Mauzooee, the topical commentary of the Quran written by Grand Ayatollah Ja‘far Sobhani, 14, volumes .
|Part of a series on Islam|
- Ahsan ul Maqaal, written by Sheikh Abbas Qumi "Muntahi ul Aamaal".
- Intekhaab Tabari, written by Ibn e Jurair Tabari.
- Sa'ada tul Abadia, written by Sheikh Abbas Qumi.
- Nafas ul Mahmoom, written by Sheikh Abbas Qumi.
- Wilayat e Faqeeh written by Ayatollah Hussain Ali Muntazeri 4 volumes.
- Madan ul Jawahir,
- Irshad ul Quloob, written by Allama Muhammad Baqir Majlasi
- Aqaed e Imamia, written by Sheikh Muhammad Raza Muzaffar Najafi.
- Barah Imami Shia aur Ahl ul Bayt (a.s),
- Aitraaf e Haqiqat,
- Ifadiat e Mahafel o Majalis ke Awamil,
- Risala tul Mawaiz,
- Hujjat e Isna Asharia,
- Shia Isna Asharia,
- Chehel (40) Hadith, written by Syed Ali Fani.
- Al Sibtan fi Maoqef e Hima,
- Mubadiat e Hukomat e Islami,
- Al Irshad, written by Sheikh Mufid, Named Tazkara tul Athar.
- Huqooq aur Islam,
- Jahad e Akbar,
- Markae Haq o Batil,
- Yazidi Firqah,
- Manasek e Hujj,
- Kitab e Ziaraat,
- Hodood o Ta'ziraat,
- Islami Jomhoriya par Aiterazaat, Deen o Aql ki Roshni main,
- Deen e Huq Aql ki Roshni main,
- Kitab al Saqifa,
- Hamary Aimma – Seerat e Aimma, 12 small booklets.
- Irfan ul Majalis,
Shagerdan (distinguished personalities)
- Grand Ayatollah Hafiz Basheer Hussain Najafi.
- Ayatollah Hafiz Riaz Hussain Najafi, He succeeded Allama Safdar Hussain as the principal of Hawza e Ilmia Jamea tul Muntazar.
- Maulana Sheikh Muhsin Ali Najafi, Principal of Madrasa Jamea Ahl ul Bayt, Islamabad.
- Maulana Syed Ashiq Hussain Najafi, Principal of Jamea tul Ghadeer.
- Maulana Sheikh Karamat Ali Imrani, Principal of Jamea Jafariya, Gujranwala.
- Ayatollah Hassan Raza Ghadeeri, Principal of Jamea tul Muntazar London.
- Maulana Moosa Beig Najafi, mentor Jamea tul Muntazar.
- Maulana Baqir Ali Shigri, mentor Jamea tul Muntazar, (late).
- Maulana Taj ud deen Haidari, (late).
- Maulana Muhammad Aslam Sadeqi, mentor Jamea tul Muntazar.
- Maulana Qazi Niaz Hussain Naqvi, mentor Jamea tul Muntazar.
- Maulana Manzoor Hussain Abidi.
- Maulana Muhammad Hussain Akbar, Principal of Minhaj al Quran.
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Abbas, mentor Jamea tul Muntazar, (late).
- Maulana Syed Khadim Hussain Naqvi, mentor Jamea tul Muntazar.
- Maulana Abul Hassan Naqvi, Masjad e Jumkaran, Qum, Iran.
- Maulana Hafiz Syed Muhammad Sibtain Naqvi. (late)
- Ayatollah Syed Ali Naqi Naqvi Qumi, Principal of Jamea Islamia Baqiyyat-Ullah, Lahore and mentor Jamea tul Muntazar.
- Dr Allama Syed Ibrar Hussain Abedi president Idara Sada e Islam Pakistan
He married into a respectable Pakistani family in Najaf (1953). No Child alive from her and she died on (1979).
He married again (1967) into Sabzwari family, a respectable family of Sahiwal. He got four daughters and six sons from her. She died and is buried in Qum, Iran (1994). All the Children of Allama Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi and their life partners are Islamic scholars and they are serving their Nation.
- Ayatollah Syed Ali Naqi Naqvi Qumi (born in 9 May 1970 in Sahiwal, Pakistan).
- Allama Syed Muhammad Taqi Naqvi (born in 21 May 1971 in Sahiwal, Pakistan).
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Mahdi Naqvi (born in 1972 in Sahiwal, Pakisatan died in 1986).
- Allama Syed Hassan Askari Naqvi (born in 11 January 1974 in Sahiwal, Pakistan).
- Maulana Syed Hussain Ali Naqvi (born in 10 December 1976 in Sahiwal, Pakistan).
- Maulana Syed Muhammad Ali Naqvi (born in 16 December 1977 in Lahore, Pakistan)
His eldest son, Ayatollah Syed Ali Naqi Naqvi Qumi, is a Mujtahid and religious scholar .He is talented, and he is able to speak, read and write Urdu, Arabic, Persian, English, Punjabi and Saraiki. He studied in Iran, Qum for 23 years. He served as the Principal of Jamea Islamia Baqiyyat-Ullah, Lahore from 2004 to 2008 and now he is serving as a teacher for senior classes (Doros Uloom-e-Aal-e-Muhammad) in Hawza Elmia Jamea tul Muntazar and also address in religious gatherings and gives lectures on Islamic ethics. He also has written many religious articles on different topics.
His second son, Allama Syed Muhammad Taqi Naqvi, is serving as a teacher in Jamea Elmia, Karachi since 1993. He is one of the great and famous teachers in madaris of Pakistan. He is serving from 17 years in Karachi and Sindh, Pakistan.
His fourth son, Allama Syed Hassan Askari Naqvi, is also a famous religious speaker. He can address and speak, read and write Urdu, Arabic, Persian, English, Punjabi and Saraiki. He has studied in Qum for 15 years.
His two youngest sons, Maulana Syed Hussain Ali Naqvi and Maulana Syed Muhammad Ali Naqvi, are also studying Islamic higher education from famous institutions. The wives of the all sons of Allama Najafi are also religious scholars and serving the Nation.
- Alima Syeda Touqir Fatima Naqvi wife of Allama Syed Najm ul Hassan Naqvi,
- Alima Syeda Tousif Zahra Naqvi wife of Allama Syed Mujeeb ul Hassan Naqvi,
- Alima Syeda Tanvir Zahra Naqvi wife of Maulana Syed Zargham Abbas kazmi,
- Alima and Hafiza Syeda Tasneem Batool Naqvi wife of Syed Shubair Ahmed (Mujtaba) Najafi.
His daughters are also religious scholars and are working as writers and teachers of Islam. They also attend to women in religious gatherings.
- Profiles of Intelligence, Brig. Syed A.I. Tirmazi, SI (M) P. 278 & 280, Bookseller: Amazing Books International, Delhi, India 1995.
- The Holy Qur'ãn in South Asia, (a bio-bibliographic study of translations of the Holy Qur'ãn in 23 South Asian languages) Author: Mofakhkhar Hussain Khan, Publisher: Dhaka : Bibi Akhtar Prakãs?ani, 2001.
- The madrasa in Asia, (political activism and transnational linkages) P. 132, Author: Farish Ahmad-Noor, Yåogåindar Sikkand, Martin van Bruinessen, Publisher: Amsterdam, NL : Amsterdam University Press, ©2008.
- Allama Syed Muhammad Yar Shah Najafi
- Allama Hussain Bakhsh Jarra
- Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Hussain Najafi
- Tehrik-e-Jafaria Pakistan (TJP)
- Allama Mufti Jafar Hussain
- Allama Syed Sajid Ali Naqvi
- Allama Arif Hussain Hussaini
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 32 Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 32 & 33 Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Ayatollah Syed Ali Naqi Naqvi Qumi Notebook P. 32 Lahore, Pakistan 1989.
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 33 Lahore, Pakistan December 1990,
- Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 32, 33, 34 Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 34 Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 34, Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Shaheed Foundation Pakistan. Shaheedfoundation.org.
- تفسير نمونہ. Tafseer-e-namona.com.
- Ziaraat.com – Online Books. Ziyaraat.net.
- The Holy Qur'ãn in South Asia, (a bio-bibliographic study of translations of the Holy Qur'ãn in 23 South Asian languages) Author: Mofakhkhar Hussain Khan, P. 551 Publisher: Dhaka : Bibi Akhtar Prakãs?ani, 2001.
- Rooznama, Jisarat, Karachi, Pakistan 1979.
- The Holy Qur'ãn in South Asia, (a bio-bibliographic study of translations of the Holy Qur'ãn in 23 South Asian languages) Author: Mofakhkhar Hussain Khan, P. 550 Publisher: Dhaka : Bibi Akhtar Prakãs?ani, 2001.
- An Introduction to the Book: Nafasal Mahmoom || Imam Reza (A.S.) Network. Imam Reza.
- المنتظر لائبريرى- جامعۃ المنتظر- تفصیلی اعداد و شمار. Alibrary.org.
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 88 to 92 Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Safdar Bukhari, Muhsin-ul-Millat mukhtasar sawaneh aur karnaame, P. 60 & 61 Lahore, Pakistan, December 1990,
- Ayatollah Syed Ali Naqi Naqvi Qumi, Notebook, P. 35 Qum, Iran, 2005
- Grand Ayatollah Bazurg Tehrani (1974–), Az-Zareeya ila Tasaaneef us-Shia (A List of Shia Books), Hawza Elmia Najaf Ashraf, Iraq.
- Aal ul Bayt Global Information Centre, Musaniffat-us-Shia (Shia Books), Aal ul Bayt Global Information Centre.
- Maulana Syed Hussain Arif Naqvi, Tazkarae Ulama e Imamia, Pakistan.
- Maulana Riaz Hussain Jafari, Mayyar-e-Mawaddat (Ayatollah Allama Syed Muhammad Yar Shah Najafi ki Majalis ka Majmoo'a), Idara Minhaj-us-Saalehin, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Maulana Riaz Hussain Jafari, tazkara-e-Mawaddat (Allama Syed Safdar Hussain Najafi ki Majalis ka Majmoo'a), Idara Minhaj-us-Saalehin, Lahore, Pakistan.