Syed Zainul Abedin
|Syed Zainul Abedin|
Syed Zainul Abedin at his Office
|Dewan Haweli, Ajmeer Sharif|
|Known for||Chisti Tariqa|
Syed Zainul Abedin is the Dewan (spiritual head) of the Ajmer Sharif Dargah founded by Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti (Khwaja Gareeb Nawaz), according to the APEX Court of India.  He is the successor of Khwaja Gareeb Nawaz, and is also known as Dargah Dewan (Dewan of Dargah), successor, Sajjadanashin (current head) of the Chishti order of Sufism, Gaddinashin, Pir and Sheikhul Mashaeikh Dewan Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan Sahib of the Ajmer Sharif Dargah.
Syed Zainul Abedin is the direct descendant as 22nd generation/ great grandson of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, is the lawful authority according to the Apex court of India and the provisions of the Durgah Khawaja Saheb Act, 1955.  
He used to visit and speak publicly at various shrines and other places in India and abroad, on religious and national political affairs. Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said he should be awarded the Bharat Ratna award for his activities.
- Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti
- Ajmer Sharif Dargah
- Abdul-Qadir Gilani
- Ahmed Ullah Maizbhanderi
- Baba Bhanderi
- Prophet's Day
- Ibn Arabi
- "Ajmer shrine cleric declares Kashmir 'integral part' of India". The Daily Times. May 10, 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- The Hidu 1 (March 10, 2013). "Dargah head deserves Bharat Ratna, says Uddhav". The Daily Hindu. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Ajmer Dargah Diwan writes to UP CM on Muzaffarnagar riot, appeals for peace". Two Circles. 11 September 2013. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "THE DURGAH KHAWAJA SAHEB ACT, 1955". The Indian Lawyer. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- AIR 1987. "Page: 2213". Supreme Court.
- AIR 1961. "Page: 1402". Supreme Court.
- AIR 1938. "Page: 71". Privy Council.
- AIR 1947. "Page: 01". Privy Council.
- RLW. "Page: 69 and 317". Rajasthan High Court.
- "Divisive politics not good for social fabric of country: Ajmer Dargarh Dewan". two circles. 1 December 2013.
- "Ajmer Dargah's Sajjada-nashin joins the demand for Muslim quota". two circles. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Ajmer shrine custodians protest administrator's remark on Bollywood stars". New Indian Express. July 24, 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Khurshid takes a swipe at Sushma Swaraj". Zee News 1. March 14, 2013.
- "Ajmer Sharif head announces compensation for Indian soldiers' kin - ( Spiritual head (Dewan) of Ajmer Sharif dargah, Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, has announced Rs. 1 lakh each as compensation for the families of five soldiers, killed in attack by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir)". NDTV. Press Trust of India - August 10, 2013. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Feud in Ajmer Dargah Dewan's family after his remark on triple talaq - (The CEO of the government-appointed Dargah committee, M A Khan, said Abedin (Syed Zainul Abedin) continues to be the Sajjadanashin as per the provisions of the Durgah Khawaja Saheb Act, 1955)". Financial Express. April 5, 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Sajjadanashin Known as Dewan - (is the twenty ninth (29th) successor or Sajjadanashin (Gaddinashin)". Sajjadanashin Ajmer. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- Chitkara, M.G. (1998). Converts do not make a nation - (Sayed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, the Dewan of the Durgah at Ajmer and the great grandson of the Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti in a message said: After adopting the path). New Delhi: A.P.H. Pub. Corp. ISBN 81-7024-982-1. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "DEWAN SYED ZAINUL ABEDIN ALI KHAN" (PDF). www.teriin.org. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- SAGNIK DUTTA. "King Prithviraj Chauhan's sons dedicated their lives to dargah - (Lieutenant James Todd, an English officer of the East India Company and an oriental scholar, described the spiritual powers of the grave in his travel accounts of Rajasthan in 1829. The present diwan, Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, corroborates this version)". The Sunday Guardian. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Heavy security to be in place for Zardari's Ajmer visit - (He is coming to our house. We will receive him with love and respect," Dewan Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, the great-grandson of the Khwaja Saheb of Ajmer Sharif said. Talking about the high-profile visit of Zardari to the 13th Century shrine, Khan, who is also known as the Sajjadanashin of the dargah, said the Pakistani President would be received by him, dargah committee and Khadim sahib.)". Rediff News. April 3, 2012. Retrieved September 12, 2017.
- Mangalore Today News Network. "Endosulfan victims get support from 'Ajmer Sharif dargah' - (Sheikhul Mashaeikh Dewan Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan Sahib, spiritual head (Gaddi Nasheen) of Dargah-Ajmer Sharif of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chishty distributed 30 rice bags (each weighing 10 kgs) and fruits.)". Mangalore Today. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Shiv Sena felicitates Ajmer Dargah diwan for opposing Pakistan PM's visit". The Indian Express. Mar 13, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2015.