- The Finnish Environment Institute is also called SYKE. For the rapper, see Big Syke. For the heraldic roundel called 'syke', see fountain (heraldry).
Syke (German pronunciation: [ˈziːkə]) is a town in the district of Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated approximately 20 km south of Bremen.
Number of inhabitants
- 2001 – 2013: Harald Behrens (FDP)
- since 2013: Suse Laue (SPD)
Suse Laue won the election in 2013 with 54,3 % of the vote against three competitors.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Andreas Frömberg (born 1954), sculptor
- Gabriele Ullrich (born 1960), author
- Rudi Carrell (1934-2006), Dutch showmaster and entertainer; lived 1981-2006 in the district of Wachendorf.
- Reinhold Beckmann (born 1956), TV-conductor and football commentator, made his Abitur in Syke
- Baba Saad (born 1985), rapper, lived in Syke from 1994 onwards
- Timo Perthel (born 1989), footballer, played in his youth for the TuS Syke