In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, a sylph is an outsider that shares many similarities to fey creatures.
The sylph first appeared in first edition in the original Monster Manual (1977), illustrated by David C. Sutherland III. The sylph also appeared in second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989), and reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993) under the "elemental, air kin" entry and in the third edition Monster Manual II (2002).
Sylphs are beautiful winged creatures similar to nymphs that dwell in aerial places. They worship the deity Verenestra.
- ^ a b Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- ^ Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- ^ Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- ^ Bonny, Ed, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter. Monster Manual II (Wizards of the Coast, 2002)
- ^ Sargent, Carl. Monster Mythology (TSR, 1992)