Sylvia Ann Hewlett
Hewlett is the founding President of the Center for Work-Life Policy, a non-profit organization which seeks to develop policies that enhance work-life balance. In the 1980s, she was the first woman to head up the Economic Policy Council of the United Nations Association -- a think tank composed of 125 business and labor leaders. She is the author of several books (see Bibliography section). Her articles have appeared in the New York Times, the Financial Times, strategy+business magazine, and the Harvard Business Review. She has taught at Cambridge, Columbia and Princeton Universities and held fellowships at the Institute for Public Policy Research in London and the Center for the Study of Values in Public Life at Harvard. She has appeared on 60 Minutes, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Newshour with Jim Lehrer, Charlie Rose, NewsNight with Aaron Brown, NBC Nightly News, Oprah, The View, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, On Point, and has been lampooned on Saturday Night Live.
Hewlett was awarded the 2014 HR Magazine "Most Influential International Thinker". 
- When the Bough Breaks: The Cost of Neglecting Our Children (1991) ISBN 0-465-09165-2
- Child Neglect in Rich Nations (1993) ISBN 978-9280630268 ebook
- A Lesser Life: The Myth of Women's Liberation in America (1996) ISBN 0-688-04855-2
- The War Against Parents (co-authored with Cornel West) (1998) ISBN 0-395-89169-8
- Creating A Life: What Every Woman Needs to Know About Having a Baby and a Career (2002) ISBN 1-4013-5930-2
- Off-Ramps and On-Ramps: Keeping Talented Women on the Road to Success (2007) ISBN 1-4221-0102-9
- Top Talent: Keeping Performance Up When Business is Down (2009) ISBN 1-4221-4042-3
- Forget a Mentor, Find a Sponsor: The New Way to Fast-Track Your Career (2013) ISBN 1-4221-8716-0
- Sylvia Ann Hewlett, Carolyn Buck Luce, and Cornel West. (2005) Leadership in Your Midst: Tapping the Hidden Strengths of Minority Executives. doi:10.1225/R0511D
- Sylvia Ann Hewlett, Carolyn Buck Luce. (2006) Extreme Jobs: The Dangerous Allure of the 70-Hour Workweek (HBR OnPoint Enhanced Edition). doi:10.1225/R0612B
- Sylvia Ann Hewlett, Ripa Rashid, and Laura Sherbin. (2017) How to Keep Perceived Bias from Holding Back High-Potential Employees, strategy+business .
- Center for Work-Life Policy website
- Interviews with Sylvia Ann Hewlett on bigthink.com, June 2009
- "On Point: Keeping Women at Work" (aired Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11-12PM ET)
- "Hewlett, Sylvia Ann". Harper's Magazine. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- Hunt, Pauline (2002-09-03). "Distant voices, sad lives". Education Guardian. Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
- "Sylvia Ann Hewlett | Economist, Author and Speaker on talent management, workplace transformation, diversity, and inclusion". www.sylviaannhewlett.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.