This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sylvia Coleridge playing Mrs. Salt, owneress of the Salt Line, in the episode "The Gamble " in the series "The Onedin Line"
|Born||Kathleen Sylvia Duke Coleridge|
10 December 1909
Darjeeling, British India (present-day India)
|Died||31 May 1986 (aged 76)|
Her TV acting credits include: Out of the Unknown, The Avengers, Paul Temple, The Lotus Eaters, Ace of Wands, The Tomorrow People, Z-Cars, Public Eye, Sutherland's Law, Dixon of Dock Green, The Onedin Line, Doctor Who (in the serial The Seeds of Doom), Survivors, Armchair Thriller (in the serial Quiet as a Nun), Blake's 7 (in the episode Gambit as the Croupier), Shoestring, The Flipside of Dominick Hide, Angels, Rumpole of the Bailey, Artemis 81 and Bleak House Maggie and Her.
Tom Baker mentioned on the DVD commentary for The Robots of Death that he had been so taken with Coleridge's eccentric performance in The Seeds of Doom that he had suggested her as the new Doctor Who companion to producer Graham Williams.
- Cross My Heart (1937)
- I Met a Murderer (1939)
- Jailbirds (1940)
- The Raging Moon (1971)
- Tess (1979)
- The Human Factor (1979)
- Secret Places (1984)
- "Sylvia Coleridge".
- McFarlane, Brian (16 May 2016). "The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition". Oxford University Press – via Google Books.
- "Saturday-Night Theatre presents Fabia Drake, Terence Longdon and Sylvia Coleridge in ' CHRISTMAS PUDDING'". 4 December 1959. p. 50 – via BBC Genome.
- "Sylvia Coleridge - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Sylvia Coleridge". www.aveleyman.com.
- TV.com. "Sylvia Coleridge". TV.com.
- "The Seeds of Doom ★★★★★".
- "Sylvia Coleridge (1909-1986) - Find A Grave..." www.findagrave.com.
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|