|Edited by||Andrzej Grzywacz|
Polish Forestry Society (Poland)
Sylwan is the oldest scientific journal covering forestry in the world that is still in print. It was established in 1820 as the semi-official organ of the Royal Forestry Corps in Poland. Since 1966 it has been published by the Polish Forestry Society.
Abstracting and indexing
Sylwan is abstracted and indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded, CAB International, and Polish Scientific Journal Contents. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2011 impact factor of 0.159.
In 2013, cyber-criminals hijacked Sylwan by creating a counterfeit English version of its website, broadcasting call-for-paper spam to academics, and enticing researchers to pay to publish their articles through the counterfeit website that mimicked the legitimate journal.
- Petru-Ioan Becheru (Aug 2012). "Revista pădurilor online". Revista pădurilor (in Romanian). 127 (4): 46–53. ISSN 1583-7890. 16819. Archived from the original on 2016-05-17. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "SYLWAN Profil i historia pisma (Sylwan History)". Sylwan. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "Sylwan". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- Jeffrey Beall (May 2, 2014). "Red Alert: Polish Scholarly Journal is Hijacked". Scholarly Open Access. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016.
- The report of hijacking of Sylwan journal