Symbiosis International University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Sanskrit: "वसुधैव कुटुम्बकम्"|
Motto in English
|The world is one family|
|Chancellor||S. B. Mujumdar|
|Location||Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Mascot||The common man|
Symbiosis International University (SIU) is a private coeducational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra, India. It has been given official recognition by the UGC and the AICTE. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council has conferred an 'A' grade to the university. SIU is part of the Symbiosis Society, which is its managing body.
The society was established in 1971 by S. B. Mujumdar. It was given autonomous status in 2002 by the Ministry of Human Resources Development and since then has opened many more institutes affiliated with it.
Symbiosis International University has 28 academic institutions spread over ten locations in Pune, Noida, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Nashik. All form part of the Symbiosis Society, with the other institutes in the society being affiliated with other bodies.
The first institutions belonging to the Symbiosis Society were established in 1971 and were affiliated to the University of Pune. Established in 1971 under the patronage of S. B. Mujumdar, president and founding director, the Symbiosis Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust, Act, 1950. The principal director is Dr. Vidya Yeravdekar.
In 2002, as part of a larger program to grant autonomy to institutions of academic excellence, the Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred the "Deemed to be University" status on three institutes under the Symbiosis umbrella: the Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management(SIBM) and Symbiosis Society's Law College.
Symbiosis Institute of Technology, its engineering college, was ranked 19th by India Today in 2017 among engineering colleges in India and 42 among engineering colleges in India by Outlook India in 2017.
The Symbiosis Institute of Business Management was ranked 20 by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2016", 34 by Careers360's "Top MBA Colleges in India 2017", ninth among private institutes, and seventh in India by Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2016.
The Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development was ranked 22 by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2016", 36 by Careers360's "Top MBA Colleges in India 2017", 11 among private institutes, and 12 in India by Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2016.
- "President of India K. R. Narayan will unveil an eight-feet-tall bronze statue of R. K. Laxman’s Common Man, the endearing character by India’s ace cartoonist, in front of Symbiosis Viswabhavan in Pune". The Tribune. 18 December 2001. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Notification no F-9-12/2001/U-3, Under Section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Engineering". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "India's best B-schools 2016: Full List". Business Today. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Top MBA Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.
- "Fits And Start-Ups: The A+ Schools". Outlook India. 3 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Symbiosis International University.|