Symbolic Systems is an academic program at Stanford University with an interdisciplinary concentration on "the science of the mind" including courses in computer science, linguistics, philosophy, and psychology. The program is analogous to cognitive science departments at other schools.
- Chris Cox, Chief Product Officer at Facebook
- Matt Flannery
- Scott Forstall
- Reid Hoffman
- Mike Krieger
- Yul Kwon
- Marissa Mayer
- Yuko Munakata
- Srinija Srinivasan
- Tina Chen
- Martinuzzi, Bruna (September 18, 2013). "Symbolic Systems: The Hot Major Among Highly Successful People". OPEN Forum. American Express. Archived from the original on 2015-11-29. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
It's a multidisciplinary major that blends computer science with psychology, linguistics and philosophy
- "What is Sym Sys?". Symbolic Systems Program. Stanford University. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
majors are required to take courses in the Departments of Computer Science, Linguistics, Philosophy, and Psychology
- Dulce, Grace (16 July 2012). "Marissa Mayer named CEO of Yahoo!". Stanford Engineering. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Stanford University's Symbolic Systems Homepage
- Arizona State University's Symbolic Systems Certificate
|This computer science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|