From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up symbolism or symbolize in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Symbolism or symbolist may refer to:
- Symbolism (arts), a 19th-century movement rejecting Realism
- Symbol, something that represents, stands for, or suggests an idea, belief, action, or entity
- Color symbolism, the use of colors within various cultures to express a variety of symbolic meanings
- Religious symbolism, symbolic interpretations of religious ritual and mythology
- Buddhist symbolism, the use of Buddhist art to represent certain aspects of dhamma, which began in the 4th century BCE
- Christian symbolism, the use of symbols, including archetypes, acts, artwork or events, by Christianity
- Jewish symbolism, a visible religious token of the relation between God and man
- Religious symbols, use of graphical abstractions to represent religious concepts
- Symbolic anthropology, the study of cultural symbols and how those symbols can be interpreted to better understand a particular society
- Symbolic system, a system of interconnected symbolic meanings
- Solar symbol, a symbol which represents the Sun in psychoanalysis, symbolism, semiotics, or other fields
- Symbolic representation (disambiguation)
- Symbolic (disambiguation)
- Symbology (disambiguation)
- Symbol (disambiguation)
- Realism (arts)
- Naturalism (arts)
- All pages with titles containing "Symbolism"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Symbolism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.