List of symbols of Nunavut
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Symbols of Nunavut)
|Coat of arms||Coat of arms of Nunavut||March 31, 1999||Contains symbols of the riches of land, sea and sky|
ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᓴᙱᓂᕗᑦ ("Nunavut, Our land, our strength")
|March 31, 1999||Granted with other elements of the coat of arms|
|Flag||Flag of Nunavut||April, 1999|
|Mace||The Mace of Nunavut||March 30, 1999||It is the symbol of the Authority of the Legislative Assembly. It is a ceremonial staff carried by the Sergeant-at-Arms into the Chamber.|
|One of the first plants to flower in the Arctic spring|
(Aqilgiq, ᐊᕐᑭᒡᒋᖅ ᐊᑕᔪᓕᒃ) Lagopus mutus
|Lives in Nunavut year round|
|Animal||Canadian Inuit Dog
(Qimmiq1, ᕿᒻᒥᖅ) Canis Familiaris Borealis
|Resident in the Arctic for at least 4000 years|
(Inukhuk, ᐃᓄᒃᓱᒃ, Inukshuk)
|License plate||Nunavut, ᓄᓇᕗᑦ||Standard North American rectangular plate|
- Government of Nunavut. "Symbols of Nunavut". Retrieved 2007-01-16.
- Legislative Assembly of Nunavut. "The Coat of Arms of Nunavut". Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Legislative Assembly of Nunavut. "The Flag of Nunavut". Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Legislative Assembly of Nunavut. "The Purple Saxifrage". Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Legislative Assembly of Nunavut. "The Rock Ptarmigan". Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Legislative Assembly of Nunavut. "The Canadian Inuit Dog". Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Inuktitut Living Dictionary
|This Nunavut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|