|Mating pair in wheel position, male on top|
The Ruby Meadowhawk (Sympetrum rubicundulum) is a species of dragonfly of the family Libellulidae. It is found in northern United States and southern Ontario, Canada. Adult males are identifiable by a distinctive orange to brown face and red bodies. Females faces have same colours as males; bodies are brown to dark-red.
- Sympetrum internum – Cherry-faced Meadowhawk
- Sympetrum obtrusum – White-faced Meadowhawk
- Sympetrum costiferum - Saffron-winged Meadowhawk
- Dunkle, S.W., Dragonflies through Binoculars: A Field Guide to Dragonflies of North America. New York:Oxford University Press, 2000:200.
- Species Sympetrum rubicundulum - Ruby Meadowhawk, BugGuide.Net
|This article related to dragonflies is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|