Symphony No. 1 (album)
|Symphony No. 1|
|Studio album by Joe Jackson|
|Released||19 October 1999|
|Joe Jackson chronology|
Symphony No. 1 is a 1999 album by Joe Jackson. Jackson received a Grammy for Best Pop Instrumental Album in 2001, after several unsuccessful nominations for previous work. Symphony No. 1 was played by a band of jazz and rock musicians including Steve Vai and Terence Blanchard.
All songs written, arranged and produced by Joe Jackson.
|4.||"Last Movement (Variations)"||10:14|
- Joe Jackson – piano, keyboards
- Wessell Anderson – alto saxophone
- Terence Blanchard – trumpet
- Gary Burke – drums
- Robin Eubanks – trombone
- Mat Fieldes – electric bass, acoustic bass guitar
- Sue Hadjopoulos – percussion
- Mary Rowell – violin, electric violin, viola
- Steve Vai – electric guitar
- Joe Jackson - arrangements, producer, sampling, sequencing
- Dan Gellert - associate producer, recording engineer, mixing engineer
- Sheldon Steiger - associate producer
- Anthony Ruotolo - assistant recording engineer
- Ted Jensen - mastering engineer
|1999||Billboard Top Classical Albums||#7|
- Allmusic review
- "Allmusic ((( Joe Jackson > Charts & Awards > Grammy Awards )))".
- "Biography by William Ruhlmann". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 4 May 2009.