|S. pilosum var. pringlei|
Aster pilosus Willd.
It is native to eastern North America, where it is found in Canada and the United States. It is widespread and common throughout its range. Its natural habitat includes communities such as prairies, open woodlands, and outcrops. In general, it responds positively to disturbance, and is often seen occupying sunny, weedy habitats.
- S. pilosum var. pilosum — stems and leaves hairy, widespread and often weedy
- S. pilosum var. pringlei — stems and leaves mostly smooth, found on alvars, cedar glades, and sand dunes
- "Symphyotrichum pilosum". Natural Resources Conservation Service PLANTS Database. USDA. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "BSBI List 2007". Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland. Archived from the original (xls) on 2015-01-25. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "Symphyotrichum pilosum". County-level distribution map from the North American Plant Atlas (NAPA). Biota of North America Program (BONAP). 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- John Semple, University of Waterloo Asteraceae Lab
- Semple, John; Chmielewski, Jerry (2001). "The biology of Canadian weeds. 114. Symphyotrichum pilosum (Willd.) Nesom (Aster pilosus Willd.)". Canadian Journal of Plant Sciences. 81: 851–865. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- Yatskievych, George (ed.). "Symphyotrichum pilosum". Flora of Missouri. Missouri Botanical Garden – via Tropicos.org.
- Brouillet, Luc; Semple, John C.; Allen, Geraldine A.; Chambers, Kenton L.; Sundberg, Scott D. (2006). "Symphyotrichum pilosum". In Flora of North America Editorial Committee. Flora of North America North of Mexico (FNA). 20. New York and Oxford. Retrieved 2018-11-05 – via eFloras.org, Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis, MO & Harvard University Herbaria, Cambridge, MA.
- "RHS Plantfinder - Symphyotrichum 'Ochtendgloren' (pilosum var. pringlei hybrid)". Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "AGM Plants - Ornamental" (PDF). Royal Horticultural Society. July 2017. p. 95. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- The biology of Canadian weeds. 114. Symphyotrichum pilosum (Willd.) Nesom (Aster pilosus Willd.) - A thorough summary of information known about this species.