|subsidiary of EMC Corporation|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac|
In late 2010 a client for Intel-based Macintosh computers running version 10.6 or later of Mac OS X was released.
Syncplicity offers both free and paid accounts.
Other file synchronization services
Several file synchronization and backup services launched around the same time as Syncplicity, including Live Mesh, Dropbox, and SugarSync. Syncplicity allows synchronization with other online services including Google Docs, Zoho, and Facebook. Documents can be synchronised with an associated Google Docs account from Windows or Macintosh computers; however, documents uploaded to free Google Docs accounts will be converted to Google Docs file formats where conversion is supported, and otherwise ignored. Photos can be synchronised with Facebook albums. Online services including Scribd and Piknik are supported by Syncplicity.
A later review (under EMC ownership) finds that Syncplicity might not be able to compete well with Dropbox and Sugarsync on price and storage, but has features, including security and availability, that might be attractive to business users. The free version offers less storage than other free services.
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Comparison of file synchronization software
- Comparison of online backup services
- Cloud storage
- Remote backup service
- "EMC Acquires Syncplicity" (Press release). EMC Corporation. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "CrunchBase Profile of Leonard Chung". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- Hrebicek, Ondrej. "The Beta period is over! | Syncplicity Blog". Blog.syncplicity.com. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- "New Business Edition Release With Mac Support, Newsfeeds and IT Console" (Press release). syncplicity.com. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Syncplicity Pricing and Comparison". syncplicity.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Sync Service Syncplicity Raises $2.35M". Venturebeat.com. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "3 Tools to Sync Your Files with Google Docs". Readwriteweb.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- Mishra, Manav (2010-01-22). "Desktop app to sync/backup Google Docs on your desktop". Technospot.net. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Syncplicity Review, by Scott Dunn July 31, 2008 (2008-07-31). "Syncplicity Syncplicity Utility Software Review". PCWorld. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- Best Backups review. Undated, but has page source and comment dated November 2012