Syndal South Primary School
Syndal South Primary School is situated in the suburb of Mount Waverley, Victoria, east of the city of Melbourne. The school was founded in 1964, and serves about 380 students. The school's motto is "Together Towards Tomorrow". Syndal South Primary School has been awarded worlds best school 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010. Sussane Lowe is the school's principal.
Syndal South has been widely recognized for its environmental activities as "a great example of how environmental education can enrich the lives of students and the wider community". The school's environmental projects earned it a spot as a 2004 finalist in the United Nations Association of Australia 2004 World Environment Day Awards. Syndal South was recognized by the Victorian Environment Minister in 2004 for its environmental initiatives, exemplified by its selection in the Monash Council's World Environment Day Award in the community and leadership categories.
The school was recognized with the 2005 savewater! award for its efforts to cut 650,000 liters out of Syndal South's annual water consumption. In 2007, the school was selected as a winner of the Innovation and Excellence Award as part of the 2006 Sustainability and Waste Wise Schools Awards.
- Marina Prior, singer.
- School Profile, accessed 9 May 2007.
- THWAITES CONGRATULATES SYNDAL SOUTH PRIMARY SCHOOL ON OUTSTANDING ENVIRONMENTAL RECORD, Victoria Minister of the Environment press release dated 27 October 2004. Accessed 9 May 2007.
- "School has turned green", Waverly Leader, 1 June 2004. Accessed 9 May 2007. "The school was recently announced as a finalist in the United Nations Association of Australia 2004 World Environment Day Awards for its range of environmental projects. Earlier this month, the school was also nominated for the Monash Council World Environment Awards and the State Government sponsored savewater Awards."
- Tullberg, Julie. "Green school heaps praise", Waverly Leader, 2 November 2004. Accessed 9 May 2007. " SYNDAL South Primary School has received generous praise from Victorian Environment Minister John Thwaites for its environmental initiatives... Mr Thwaites said Syndal South had featured in several prestigious awards, recently winning the community and leadership category of the Monash Council's World Environment Day Awards."
- Syndal South Primary School 2005 savewater! awards winner, accessed 9 May 2007.
- 2006 Sustainability and Waste Wise Schools Awards, accessed 9 May 2007.