|Traded as||NYSE: SNX
S&P 400 Component
|Industry||Supply chain and electronics manufacturing services|
|Headquarters||Fremont, California, U.S.|
|Dwight Steffensen, Chairman; Kevin Murai, President and CEO|
|Revenue||$14.1 billion USD (Fiscal 2016)|
Number of employees
SYNNEX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company founded in 1980 by Robert T. Huang based in Fremont, California, is an information technology supply chain services company offering services to original equipment manufacturers, software publishers and reseller customers. The president and CEO, as of November 2008, was Kevin M. Murai.
Synnex distributes products and related logistics services. As a business process outsourcing and contract assembly it works with industry suppliers of IT systems, peripherals, system components, software and networking equipment. The company is one of the major employers in Greenville, South Carolina.
A division known as Hyve Solutions integrates and sells products based on the 2012 specifications published by the Open Compute Project. In the same year, Hyve Solutions announced a partnership with IBM and Zettaset to produce a bundled "turnkey" platform for Hadoop-based analytics targeted to the needs of small- and medium-sized businesses.
- "Synnex names Kevin Murai co-CEO". Silicon Valley Journal. March 31, 2008.
- Munro, J. (July 25, 2010). "Synnex keeps moving despite economic slowdown". The Greenville News.
- "Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Enters into Agreement to Sell its Jack of All Games Distribution Business to SYNNEX Corporation - Business Wire". businesswire.com.
- "Concentrix Buys e4e's Divisions". India Business Insight. 6/10/2011. Check date values in:
- "Hyve Solutions Contributes Storage Design Concept to OCP Community". News release. January 17, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Conor Malone (January 15, 2012). "Torpedo Design Concept Storage Server for Open Rack Hardware v0.3 ST-draco-chimera-0.3" (PDF). Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Hyve and Zettaset Partner with IBM to Help Clients Tap Big Data Analytics". Database Trends and Applications. 19 June 2012.
- "IBM News room - 2013-09-10 IBM and SYNNEX Announce Strategic Partnership in Customer Care Market - United States". ibm.com.