This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Technical death metal
|Years active||2002 – present|
|Labels||Rogue Records America
|Past members||M. Refalaeda
Synthetic Breed originated as a four-piece, consisting of Vincent Zylstra and Reza Nasseri on guitars, Jonas Bahlo on bass and Mark Condello on vocals. Nick Bose joined and left the band a number of times, but never actually played drums live.
By March 2004, after many months of auditioning suitable drummers, Daniel Luttick had been brought into the line up. The line up lasted two shows: after the show at EV’s Metalfest, the band played one more show at the Green Room in Melbourne before singer Mark Condello broke with the band.
By the start of October 2004, Synthetic Breed were back on stage with Nasseri taking on vocal duties, but on 13 April 2005 new singer Cal Hughes played his first show with the band, though he had already once replaced Reza, suffering from a cold, during a show in April. Synthetic Breed supported Swedish metal group Arch Enemy on their Australian tour.
After a successful appearance at the With Full Force Festival (Leipzig, Germany) in 2006, Nasseri left the band and was eventually replaced by Darcy Mildren. The band signed a record deal with Faultline Records for the release of debut full-length album Catatonic. 2008 saw the departure of Mildren as the band returned to a four-piece.
Synthetic Breed released their second full-length album, "Perpetual Motion Machine" in October, 2010 while the band was on a live performance hiatus. 
2011 saw Synthetic Breed begin to organize their return to the stage in Australia with the Perpetual Motion Machine tour taking shape. During this time, both Bahlo and Hughes departed the band, being replaced by Luke Thiel (bass) and M. Refalaeda (vocals) respectively. By early 2012, Thiel and Refalaeda parted ways with Synthetic Breed and soon after the band announced the return of Bahlo and Hughes.
Synthetic Breed are presently working on their third full-length album due for release late 2013.
Jonas Bahlo is currently teaching English and German at a secondary college in Melbourne, Australia.
- Callan Hughes - vocals (2005–2011, 2012–present)
- Vincent Zylstra - guitar, backing vocals (2002 – present)
- Jonas Bahlo - bass, backing vocals (2002–2010, 2012–present)
- Daniel Luttick - drums (2004 – present)
- Mark Condello - vocals (2002–2004)
- Nick Bose - drums (2002–2004)
- Reza Nasseri - guitar (2002–2006)
- Darcy Mildren - guitar (2006–2008)
- Mares Refalaeda - vocals (2011-2012)
- Luke Thiel - bass (2011-2012)
- Synthetic Breed (EP, 2003)
- Fractured (EP, 2005)
- With Full Force 2006 - Live in Germany (2007)
- Synthetic Breed (EP, Redux, 2007)
- Fractured (EP, Redux, 2007)
- Catatonic (2008)
- Perpetual Motion Machine (2010)
- Zero Degrees Freedom (2011)