Quality of service
There is a method to measure quality of service in hotels. In related study  authors aggregate tourist opinions, measured on a scale from 1 to 10. Synthetic measure (indicator) of service quality in each hotel is calculated with the help of the aggregation operator.
Other study proposed to use classical parameters EV, PV and AC to carry out the synthetic measure of project performance.
Rankings of countries
Different normalized stimulants and destimulants were used in research to create synthetic measure that selects countries with the best and the worst levels of implementation of Europe 2020 targets.
There are scientific works  that describe method of quality assessment of Wikipedia articles using synthetic measure. The quality can be measured on a scale between 0 and 100 based on the following formula:
- is a normalized metric
- is the number of metrics
- Ban, Olimpia (2008). "Synthetic Measure of the Quality of Service Taking into Account the Client's Perspective in the Hotel Industry". Economia Aziendale Online. 1: No 1 (2008): Issue 1/2008. doi:10.13132/2038-5498/2008.1.1-7.
- Certa, Antonella; Enea, Mario; Giallanza, Antonio (2009-12-04). A Synthetic Measure for the Assessment of the Project Performance. Business Performance Measurement and Management. pp. 167–180. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-04800-5_11. ISBN 978-3-642-04799-2.
- Balcerzak, Adam P. (2009-12-04). "Europe 2020 strategy and structural diversity between old and new member states. application of zero unitarization method for dynamic analysis in the years". Economics & Sociology. 8 (2): 190–210. doi:10.14254/2071-789X.2015/8-2/14. ProQuest 1717432597.
- Lewoniewski, Włodzimierz; Węcel, Krzysztof (2017-10-18). Relative Quality Assessment of Wikipedia Articles in Different Languages Using Synthetic Measure. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. 303. pp. 282–292. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-69023-0_24. ISBN 978-3-319-69022-3.
- Lewoniewski, Włodzimierz; Węcel, Krzysztof; Abramowicz, Witold (2017-12-08). "Relative Quality and Popularity Evaluation of Multilingual Wikipedia Articles". Informatics. 4 (4): 43. doi:10.3390/informatics4040043.
- WikiRank - quality and popularity assessment of Wikipedia articles
- Scientific works about synthetic measure on Google Scholar