Utica City FC
This article needs to be updated.(July 2016)
|Full name||Utica City FC|
|Stadium||Adirondack Bank Center|
|Head coach||Ryan Hall|
|League||Major Arena Soccer League|
2nd, Eastern Division|
Playoffs: Lost Division Finals
The team formed in 2010 as the Syracuse Silver Knights with the intention of playing in the new I-League (a United Soccer Leagues league set to begin play in 2011), the team moved to the Major Indoor Soccer League when the two leagues merged. The team was rumored to be named the Syracuse Scorpions and revive the name of an old American Soccer League team. However, the name Silver Knights was announced at the team's inaugural press conference. The club is coached by former Silver Knights goalkeeper, Bryan O'Quinn, who replaced club President, Team Owner and Syracuse native Tommy Tanner for the 2016–17 season. The club has signed former Syracuse Salty Dogs player Ryan Hall, among others. The team announced the signing of former Major League Soccer star Diego Serna on October 11, 2011.
The Syracuse Silver Knights' first season of play began in 2011–12, when they joined the MISL as an expansion franchise. For their inaugural season, the Silver Knights played their home games at the Oncenter War Memorial Arena in downtown Syracuse.
In 2013, the Silver Knight foundation was launched to help benefit kids in tough economic and social situations. The foundation hosts events throughout the year which helps raise money for these children. Many Silver Knights players, including reserve and U19 players, volunteer their time to help partake in the events.
After the 2013–2014 season, the team announced that it was leaving the MISL along with five other teams and join the PASL, which was subsequently renamed the MASL
|Year||League||Logo||Reg. Season||Playoffs||Attendance Average|
|2011–12||MISL III||3rd Eastern Division, 9–15||Did Not Qualify||2,950|
|2012–13||MISL III||6th MISL, 8–18||Did Not Qualify||3,401|
|2013–14||MISL III||4th MISL, 12–8||Lost Semi-Finals||2,689|
|2014–15||MASL||2nd Eastern Division, 12–8||Lost in Division Semi-Finals||3,082|
|2015–16||MASL||2nd Eastern Division, 11–9||Lost in Division Finals||2,082|
|2016–17||MASL||4th Eastern Division, 8–12||Did not qualify||2,300|
|2017–18||MASL||2nd Eastern Division, 13–9||Lost Division Finals||2,398|
Win % = .500%
Win % = .285%
- Head Coach: Ryan Hall
- Ast. Coach: Bryan O'Quinn
- General Manager: Tommy Tanner
- Director of Communications/Assistant General Manager: Allen Czelusniak
- Account Executive: Tyler Julian
- Statistician: Don Johnston
- Vice President of Sales and Marketing: Allen LaVenture
- Silver Knight Foundation Director: Rick Sauter
- John Berry. "Tommy Tanner will be head coach of Syracuse Silver Knights soccer team | syracuse.com". Blog.syracuse.com. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- Glenn Graham (2014-04-14). "Baltimore Blast joining with other teams to form new indoor soccer league". Articles.baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Syracuse Silver Knights roster". Major Arena Soccer League. Retrieved 2016-12-20.