The Syracuse Triad is the name given to the three women's sororities founded at Syracuse University. Alpha Phi was founded first in 1872 by 10 of the original 20 women admitted into Syracuse University. Gamma Phi Beta came along two years later in 1874 and with it came the term "sorority," which was coined at the time of its founding. (Prior to that, women's Greek-letter organizations used the term "women's fraternity," since no more appropriate term existed.) Alpha Gamma Delta completed the triad in 1904.
The three sororities maintain a special bond. A special Syracuse Triad ceremony or event is held on most campuses where all three groups are present. An example of common events are a Triad Tea or a Triad Dance.
Syracuse Triad at Universities
Here is a partial list of campuses in which all three members of the Triad are currently present:
- Arizona State University
- Bowling Green State University
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- California State University, Chico
- Chapman University
- Duquesne University
- Florida State University
- Indiana University
- Iowa State University
- Lehigh University
- Miami University
- Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- San Diego State University 
- Syracuse University 
- University of Alabama
- University of British Columbia
- University of California, Los Angeles 
- University of Idaho
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Southern California 
- University of Toronto
- University of Washington
- Washington State University
- Panhellenic Association (PHA),Arizona State University. Retrieved on 29 July 2014.
- Panhellenic Council - Fraternity & Sorority Affairs - CSU, Chico,CSU, Chico. Retrieved on 15 February 2015.
- Current Chapters, Florida State University Office of Greek Life. Retrieved on 15 February 2015.
- "Iowa State University Greek Chapters" Retrieved on 13 November 2015.
- Chapter Information,The Ohio Union at Ohio State University. Retrieved on 15 February 2015.
- Chapters,Purdue University. Retrieved on 15 February 2015.
- Chapter Profiles, SDSU College Panhellenic Association. Retrieved on 26 July 2014.
- Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs. Sororities,Syracuse University. Retrieved on 26 July 2014.
- UCLA Fraternity & Sorority Relations. Chapter Directory, UCLA. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Chapters, USC Panhellenic Council. 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Chapters,University of Washington Panhellenic Association. Retrieved on 15 February 2015.