Council of Ministers (Syria)
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Section 2 The Council of Ministers
- Article 118 [Cabinet]
- (1) The Cabinet is the state's highest executive and administrative body. It consists of the Prime Minister, his deputies, and the ministers. It supervises the execution of the laws and regulations and the work of the state machinery and institutions.
President Bashar al-Assad accepted the entire cabinet's resignation after a meeting on 29 March 2011. Al-Assad then appointed outgoing Prime Minister Muhammad Naji al-Otari to continue as caretaker prime minister until a new government is appointed. On 3 April 2011, Assad appointed Minister of Agriculture Adel Safar the new Prime Minister. On 6 April 2011, the state-run al-Ekhbariya TV channel said that Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem, Minister of Defense Dawoud Rajiha, Minister of Endowment and Religious Affairs Mohammed Abdul-Sattar Al Sayed, and Minister of Presidential Palace Affairs Mansour Fadlallah Azzam would remain in the new cabinet. On 9 April 2011, DayPress News reported the new cabinet was expected to be announced in the next week. On 14 April 2011, a new cabinet was officially announced.
On 9 February 2013, president Assad changed seven ministers in the cabinet. The cabinet reshuffle included the ministries of oil, finance, social affairs, labour, housing, public works and agriculture.
In July 2016 president Assad issued Decree no. 203 for 2016 which listed the new Syrian government.
- Cabinet of Syria (2001–03)
- Cabinet of Syria (2003–11)
- Cabinet of Syria (2011–13)
- Cabinet of Syria (2013–16)
- "English Translation of the Syrian Constitution". Qordoba. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- Syrian cabinet resigns as regime seeks to calm protests, The Guardian, 29 March 2011
- Syrian cabinet resigns amid unrest, says state TV, BBC News, 29 March 2011
- President al-Assad appointed Adel Safar as New PM, DayPress News, 4 April 2011
- Syrian PM-designate starts consultations to form new cabinet, Xinhua, 6 April 2011
- Safar continues Government-Formation, SANA, DayPress News, 9 April 2011
- Syrian new Cabinet, DayPress News, 14 April 2011
- Syria president appoints new government, orders protesters freed from jail, The National, 14 April 2011
- "Cabinet Shift Within Syria Seems Aimed at Economy". The New York Times. Damascus. AP. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Syrian president reshuffles economic Cabinet posts". Al Jazeera. AP. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "President al-Assad issues Decree no. 203 forming the new Syrian government 3 July 2016". SANA. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- ""New Syrian Government Formed". Syria Times. 3 July 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "President al-Assad Issues Two Decrees Nominating New Ministers, Establishing Two Ministers". SANA. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "President al-Assad issues cabinet reshuffle decree". SANA. 26 November 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "President al-Assad appoints new ministers of Social Affairs and Internal Trade and Consumer Protection – Syrian Arab News Agency".
- "syriatimes.sy - President Al-Assad Issues a Decree on Forming the New Syrian Government". syriatimes.sy. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "President al-Assad issues cabinet reshuffle decree". SANA. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.