Syrian National Youth Party
|Founded||14 March 2012|
0 / 250
The Syrian National Youth Party is a political party that was approved on 14 March 2012 following the Syrian constitutional referendum, 2012 that introduced multi party elections into Syria. It describes itself as neither "pro- or anti-government" but says while it "opposes wrongdoing", it functions "under the umbrella of Syria, the homeland, and President Bashar al-Assad" 
It fielded three candidates in Damascus Governorate in the Syrian parliamentary election, 2012, although contested the results, claiming that the vote had been marred by irregularities and fraud. As a result, the party rejected the election results and proclaimed the new parliament illegitimate.
- Syria's New Parties: Modest Goals Against Baath Hold, Al Akhbar (Lebanon), 18 March 2012
- Parliamentary vote in Syria can't cover up country's violent divisions, McClatchy Newspapers, 6 May 2012
- Political renaissance? Archived 2012-05-10 at the Wayback Machine., Syria Today, April 2012
- O'Bagy, Elizabeth (7 June 2012). Syria's Political Struggle: Spring 2012 (PDF). Washington, DC: Institute for the Study of War. p. 3.
- Syrian political parties prepare to take part in upcoming parliamentary election, Press TV, 10 April 2012