From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Σύρτις in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Syrtis (Ancient Greek: Σύρτις, either of two shallow sandy gulfs on the coast of Libya, proverbially dangerous to shipping) may refer to:
North African coast
- Syrtis Major (or the Great[er] Syrtis) is the Latin name for the Gulf of Sidra, a body of water in the Mediterranean Sea on the northern coast of Libya
- Syrtis Minor (or the Lesser Syrtis) is the Latin name for the Gulf of Gabès, a body of water in the Mediterranean Sea on the eastern coast of Tunisia
- Syrtis Major Planum is a "dark spot" (an albedo feature) located in the boundary between the northern lowlands and southern highlands of Mars
- Syrtis Minor, another of the classical albedo features on Mars
- Syrtis Hill, a prominent snow-free hill on Alexander Island, Antarctica
- HMS Syrtis (P241), a UK Royal Navy submarine launched in 1943 and sunk in 1944
- Syrtis, one of the three fighting realms in the Regnum Online MMORPG
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Syrtis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.