|social media software|
|Founder||Nick Koudas, Nilesh Bansal|
|Services||social media analytics, social media monitoring|
Sysomos was founded by Nilesh Bansal  and Nick Koudas. The company is a spinoff of the University of Toronto research project BlogScope. The BlogScope project, which started in 2005, resulted in creation of the underlying content aggregation and analysis engine commercialized by Sysomos. The company raised venture capital in 2008 and was acquired by Marketwire in 2010.
Sysomos launched its flagship offering MAP in Sept 2007, followed by addition of Heartbeat to its product suite in 2009. In addition to the two main products, the company released FourWhere, a free location-based social search service that mashes up Foursquare in March 2010.
The company also offers Sysomos Heartbeat which provides social media monitoring and engagement capabilities to communication professionals, brand managers and customer support groups. In 2013, Heartbeat was extended to add publishing components to deliver a complete end-to-end social media marketing platform.
In March 2015, newly independent Sysomos launched a redesign for its Heartbeat product and a new API for its MAP product. 
Inside Twitter series of reports is the most extensive third-party survey on Twitter's growth and demographics. Another extensive survey regarding the top 5% of most active Twitter users found that over 25% of all tweets are machine created. The report also confirms Twitter's international growth.
Inside Facebook Pages report found that only four percent of pages have more than 10,000 fans, 0.76% of pages have more than 100,000 fans, and 0.05% of pages (or 297 in total) have more than a million fans. Inside YouTube reports focus more on video hosting services and YouTube.
- Baute, Nicole (Jan 31, 2009). "Tracking web chatter to uncover trends". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- "Social media monitoring review 2010". Fresh Networks. 1 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-10.
- Lardinois, Frederic (4 Jun 2009). "Pro Tools for Social Media Monitoring and Analysis: Sysomos Launches MAP and Heartbeat". ReadWriteWeb. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "nilesh:bansal / personal:homepage".
- "FourWhere mashes up Foursquare and Google maps". ReadWriteWeb. 9 Mar 2009.
- Garcia, Tonya (29 May 2009). "(Press Release) Sysomos launches two new products". PRWeek. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "(Press Release) Introducing Sysomos Publishing". 1 Feb 2013.
- Official Announcement. "Marketwire acquires Sysosmos for social media monitoring and analytics." July 6, 2010.
- Human, Tim. "Marketwired splits from Sysomos and appoints new CEO". IRMagazine.com. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Lardinois, Frederic. "Newly Independent Social Monitoring Service Sysomos Launches Redesign, New API". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Schonfeld, Eric (Jun 10, 2009). "The More Followers You Have, The More You Tweet. Or Is It The Other Way Around?". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- Lardinois, Frederic (5 August 2009). "Twitter's Most Active Users: Bots, Dogs, and Tila Tequila". ReadWriteWeb. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "Twitter Grows Internationally, But Very Few Use Location [STATS]". Mashable.
- Schonfeld, Eric. "It's Not Easy Being Popular. 77 Percent Of Facebook Fan Pages Have Under 1,000 Fans". TechCrunch.