From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up System, system, or systém in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term system may refer to:
- System, a set of entities, real or abstract, comprising a whole
- Meta-system, something composed of multiple smaller systems
In natural sciences
- Biological system, a complex network of biological entities, for instance, a group of organs
- Ecosystem, an entity comprising a large number of organisms and their environment
- Energy system, an interpretation of the energy sector in system terms
- Planetary system, for instance, the Solar System
- Physical system, that portion of the physical universe chosen for analysis
- Systems science, an interdisciplinary field that studies the nature of complex systems in nature, society, and science
- System (stratigraphy), a unit of the geologic record of a rock column
- Economic system, covering the production and distribution of goods and services
- Linguistic system, a conception of linguistics in the tradition of Ferdinand de Saussure, J. R. Firth, Louis Hjelmslev, Michael Halliday, Ruqaiya Hasan, and Jay Lemke
- Social system, based on the interrelationships between individuals, groups, and institutions
In information technology
- Computer system, the combination of hardware and software which forms a complete, working computer. Computer systems will include the computer alongside any software (example: operating system, BIOS) and peripheral devices that are necessary to make the computer function.
- system, a function in the C Standard Library used to execute subprocesses and commands
- System (typeface), a raster font packaged with Microsoft Windows
- The classic Mac OS versions 1 through 7 were known as "System 1" through "System 7", respectively; hence these OS versions may simply be called (the) System.
- System (music notation), a collection of staves to be played simultaneously
- System (Seal album), a 2007 album by Seal
- "System", a song by Jonathan Davis on his 2007 album Alone I Play
- "System", a song by Labelle on their 2008 album Back to Now
- Danish electronic trio "System", consisting of Anders Remmer, Jesper Skaaning, and Thomas Knak.
- American rock band System of a Down, also known simply as "System".
- System Recordings, New York-based electronic music label founded in 2001
- System, a scientific journal devoted to the applications of educational technology and applied linguistics to problems of foreign language teaching and learning
- The System (disambiguation)
- Systematics (disambiguation)
- Systema (disambiguation)
- List of systems
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title System.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.