System Center Mobile Device Manager
1.0 / April, 2008
|Operating system||Windows, Windows Mobile|
System Center Mobile Device Manager is a Mobile device management (MDM) solution providing over-the-air (OTA) management of Windows Mobile Smartphone security, applications and settings. System Center Mobile Device Manager supports devices running the Windows Mobile 6.1 and above operating system. Earlier, functions of this product provided by System Center Configuration Manager.
Important: Mainstream support for System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 ended on July 9, 2013, and extended support ends on July 10, 2018.
Through ActiveDirectory-based policies, the product provides the following functions:
- Provisioning of device settings: provisioning the managed devices with settings, such as E-mail accounts and access points.
- Settings monitoring: setting and verifying the settings of managed devices, gathering diagnostics information and application inventory.
- Device security: back up, restore, lock, wipe and set up functionality restrictions for managed devices.
- Asset and application management: install/remove, update, gather inventory, version check and the starting or stopping of mobile applications, such as virus protection, encryption and mobile email clients.
System Center Mobile Device Manager client is located in ROM. All device management activities are centrally managed from the server side.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)|
- Solution guide: Manage mobile devices and PCs by migrating to Configuration Manager with Windows Intune
- Solution guide: Mobile device management for Configuration Manager 2007 customers planning to migrate to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Windows Intune TechNet Library
- System Center Configuration Manager TechNet Library